FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA won’t rebook into Qatar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2028106-ba-won-t-rebook-into-qatar.html)

babyg_wc Nov 17, 2020 9:31 am

Friend had a booking BA LHR-BKK that was just cancelled (28th December) - AVIOS redemption if that matters.

BA dont appear to be flying there again until 10th Jan 2021

Qatar are still flying thou, do you think BA will re-route on the same/similar date on Qatar?

KARFA Nov 17, 2020 9:55 am

Technically the QR rebooking allowance is not available for redemptions. But I think the question would then be if not QR what are they going to offer - so hopefully they will see the sense of just rebooking you on QR.

babyg_wc Nov 17, 2020 10:28 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32825818)
Technically the QR rebooking allowance is not available for redemptions. But I think the question would then be if not QR what are they going to offer - so hopefully they will see the sense of just rebooking you on QR.

Ill let you know how he gets on.. thanks Karfa

ISTFlyer Nov 17, 2020 11:26 am

Although if there is QR award inventory for your selected dates, the agents would be able to rebook you onto those services. However, not to revenue fare buckets as KARFA mentioned.

Anonba Nov 17, 2020 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32825818)

Hmmmm someone cant just go against policy because they feel like it though.....

KARFA Nov 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 32826342)

True. But we have all had bank errors in our favour in the past :)

was there anything I was missing with this one? In the absence of being able to rebook on QR I was struggling to see what ba would offer other than a rebook to another ba flight?

babyg_wc Nov 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 32826342)

well BA have a duty to get them there....

babyg_wc Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm

well my friend went the safe option (direct with BA 14 days later vs trying to go early via DOHA on QR)... probably the best bet given everything that is happening..

annihilation Nov 19, 2020 7:53 am

So we are home now!

We managed to get BA to book onto the QR flights we wanted. We did consider staying out there but with the baby it was difficult as not that easy to get supplies.

BA are refunding the additional costs for hotels but are playing silly games with the downgrade refund and compensation. See how we get on.

Thanks again for the input.

ISTFlyer Nov 19, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by annihilation (Post 32830310)
So we are home now!

We managed to get BA to book onto the QR flights we wanted. We did consider staying out there but with the baby it was difficult as not that easy to get supplies.

BA are refunding the additional costs for hotels but are playing silly games with the downgrade refund and compensation. See how we get on.

Thanks again for the input.

Glad to hear this. :)
As your ticket was a redemption ticket the downgrade compensation would probably be mostly in Avios and a small amount for the taxes.

KARFA Nov 19, 2020 5:34 pm

As an update today to what is in post 6, QR rebooking is now for:

- ticketed travel dates 28 March 2020 to 31 January 2021
- new travel dates up to 31 January 2021
- only for cancelled long haul services to DOH, MCT, AMM, RUH, JED, DMM, BAH, KWI, BEY, HYD, BLR, DEL, BOM, MAA, LHE, ISB, BKK, KUL, SIN, PKX, PVG, KIX, HND, NRT, HKG, SYD, NBO, JNB, DUR, CPT, SEZ, MRU, ICN
- not for redemption

callum9999 Nov 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 32822994)
Someone not understanding a policy is different from someone deliberately inventing restrictions, which is what was implied.

Hardly. If the restrictions do not exist yet they are insisting they do, then they have invented the restrictions. They didn't use the word "deliberate" that I can see, though given the end result is the same whether it's deliberate or not, I don't think it's a relevant distinction regardless.

I'd agree they aren't just randomly fabricating it just for fun, but again, the end result is the same - poor service.

babyg_wc Nov 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32831540)
As an update today to what is in post 6, QR rebooking is now for:

- ticketed travel dates 28 March 2020 to 31 January 2021
- new travel dates up to 31 January 2021
- only for cancelled long haul services to DOH, MCT, AMM, RUH, JED, DMM, BAH, KWI, BEY, HYD, BLR, DEL, BOM, MAA, LHE, ISB, BKK, KUL, SIN, PKX, PVG, KIX, HND, NRT, HKG, SYD, NBO, JNB, DUR, CPT, SEZ, MRU, ICN
- not for redemption

thanks for the info Karfa... but how can BA discriminate against redemption bookings?

Anonba Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc (Post 32833476)
thanks for the info Karfa... but how can BA discriminate against redemption bookings?

I wouldnt say discrimate is the right word but some additional rebooking policies cover redemption bookings some dont. Not sure the reason why but my guess is its something to do with the agreement with the other carrier.

TravelNew Nov 21, 2020 5:34 am

Perhaps BA wants to limit the number of its passengers enjoying QR’s new aircraft.