Transfer to/from T5 to T3 @ LHR

Old Nov 3, 20, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question Transfer to/from T5 to T3 @ LHR

First, thank you to anyone who responds. I DID look to see if this subject was covered by what I am about to ask but couldn't find any.

Question is: at LHR, Transferring to/from T5 to T3 or vice/versa....is there any advantage to be Business or First Class in terms of getting to/from T3?

The reason I ask is that I know if checking in at LHR in First Class there is a dedicated area for security checks, etc. so I was wondering if there are any similar "perks" transferring between terminal using a Business Class or First Class Tix?
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Terminal 3 is mothballed and won't reopened for at least a year. Exception: the lost property desk there is open, for restricted hours.

Have another go?

[The dashboard does have a thread on transferring around Heathrow].
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:13 am
Original Poster

So..........

Confused...flight I have scheduled in May on BA says I have a transfer at Terminal 3????
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I suspect they will change to T5 in due course.

On the slim chance they are not, all the details are in the guide linked to in the dashboard. Essentially in normal times no perks on the transfer, fast track security on arrival at your outbound terminal.
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ddschur View Post
Confused...flight I have scheduled in May on BA says I have a transfer at Terminal 3????
There are flights in December 2020 showing as running from T3, it's simply not going to happen.
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your info...much appreciated!
Old Nov 3, 20, 7:29 am

Aerotel LHR at arrivals T3 told me todat by email they are open for business. Any other business open at that terminal?
Old Nov 3, 20, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Heathrow.com is showing arrivals and departures at T3 from Wednesday 04 November.

One departure tommorrow - the BA524 to Lisbon. And three arrivals - BA525 from Lisbon, plus a Qantas and Emirates flight.

Is this information incorrect?
Old Nov 3, 20, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Truthmonkey View Post
Heathrow.com is showing arrivals and departures at T3 from Wednesday 04 November.

One departure tommorrow - the BA524 to Lisbon. And three arrivals - BA525 from Lisbon, plus a Qantas and Emirates flight.

Is this information incorrect?
hi.

Yes it is incorrect. T3 is closed also Qantas is not flying (but could be a qantas codeshare number on emirates)

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 3, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
hi.

Yes it is incorrect. T3 is closed also Qantas is not flying (but could be a qantas codeshare number on emirates)

Regards

Tbs
Most likely - the Emirates flight number is EK029 and the Qantas QF8029.

The Emirates website shows the flight arriving at T2, so pretty poor of HAL to not have the correct information.
Old Nov 3, 20, 4:10 pm

To complicate matters slightly, a small number of the *gates* at T3 are in use by operating aircraft, so some operational systems do still show the gate numbers as in use. But they are served by bus from other open terminals, so from a passengerís perspective it is correct to say that T3 is effectively closed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: