Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impact of November lockdown on BA travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It has not stopped entry, but it has removed Denmark from the travel corridors, so arrivals will need to self isolate for 14 days, the same as for other countries which aren't travel corridors.
This is a further update and a step further the from the ‘safe list’ removal last night.

It should be in the mainstream media soon.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:50 pm

For those who don’t trust me:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e_AwMkkqSN9ny0

Flights between Denmark and the UK were banned on Friday night to prevent the spread of a mutated Covid virus from mink
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Avios
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I can't find any BA flight from BGI to LHR on Saturday 14th November. Are they cancelling that one too or is it full? Is there any way to find out?
I rebooked onto that flight today. I just looked and the option is still there to book onto that flight, so it should be there for you. They did mention to me that premium economy was already fully booked but economy had availability (not sure how much). Really hoping that flight does go ahead!

When I looked at the different flight statuses they had cancelled all of the previous days flights to LGW and LHR and they had also cancelled the flights on the Sunday to LGW and LHR, so I'm hoping they just stick with that.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:08 pm

https://www.gbc.gi/news/transport-mi...lunchtime-live

Discussions with BA on maintaining air links with Gibraltar are still ongoing, despite the likelihood that Monday or Tuesday's scheduled flight will be the last during England's lockdown, the Transport Minister has confirmed.Speaking on Radio Gibraltar's Lunchtime Live programme, Vijay Daryanani clashed with the GSD's Elliott Phillips who said the news was 'deeply concerning' given that Easyjet are also cancelling their flights.

So it seems BA will suspend GIB from early next week until the U.K. lockdown is over.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
According to HeadforPoints and Raffles there is a list of suspended services, BGI is currently TBA on the list. Clearly this is an on-going situation and will change as and when.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/1...t-in-november/
We are supposed to fly BGI-LHR 17/11 and that has been cancelled (as confirmed with the BA gold line just now) even though showing zeroed out on EF.

Apparently their memo says 14/11 is the last flight then 04/12 is the first. BUT 21/11 and 28/11 show seats but VERY limited and at the back.

Apparently - according to the Indian call centre on the Gold line after searching through internal memos - they might put more flights on.

I’m just going to wait it out for a day or two.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
At the moment it has been zero'd out, so removed from sale, but not cancelled. Zeroing can lead to cancellation but it can also result from BA consolidating other passengers' flights and they are blanking the inventory to prevent overselling the flight before they have completed the consolidation. But yes, just check tomorrow, that's all you can do at the moment.
Looks like it is back on for sale - exactly 1 seat left in Eco
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BAeuro
It has come to light that British Airways and Ryanair will stop flying to Denmark with immediate effect. The UK government have stopped entry from Denmark due to the minks outbreak.
British nationals and residents returning from Denmark are still allowed entry but must complete a 14-day quarantine without exception.
From 4am, Saturday 7 November 2020, the Home Office is implementing immigration powers meaning visitors arriving into the UK from Denmark will not be permitted entry into the UK. This excludes freight and hauliers.

We are also now expanding the self-isolation requirements for Denmark. From 4am on 7 November, British Nationals, or residents, who are returning to the UK directly or indirectly from Denmark will need to self-isolate along with all other members of their household until 2 weeks have passed since they were last in Denmark. Unlike other travel to the UK, there will be no exemptions to this quarantine policy.For those who arrived before 4am on 7 November, we are also asking anyone who has been in Denmark in the last 14 days, to self-isolate along with their households. The length of that self-isolation will depend on when travellers were last in Denmark, and those affected will be contacted with advice via the means detailed on their passenger locator forms completed on arrival to the UK.

Anyone who has returned from Denmark within the last 2 weeks will be contacted to ensure they complete the self-isolation needed to ensure the virus does not spread across the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...-mink-outbreak
Old Nov 7, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Here is the Statutory Instrument which, as CWS said, amends the travel corridors list.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/.../contents/made

I can’t see what they have done for England & Wales yet, but this has appeared today for Northern Ireland - everyone within household to be in quarantine & no exemptions.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisr/...0200243_en.pdf

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Nov 7, 2020 at 12:51 am
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Here is the Statutory Instrument which, as CWS said, amends the travel corridors list.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/.../contents/made

I can’t see what they have done for England & Wales yet, but this has appeared today for Northern Ireland - everyone within household to be in quarantine & no exemptions.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisr/...0200243_en.pdf
Karfa posted Welsh restrictions (from 9 November) here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32797489-post263.html
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Karfa posted Welsh restrictions (from 9 November) here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32797489-post263.html
Sorry, talking about travel to / from Denmark - if you look at the E&W ones they just remove Denmark (from today) and Sweden / Germany (from tomorrow) from travel corridors, but nothing about whole household isolation and exemptions not applying. The Northern Ireland Regs do provide for that. It makes me wonder whether there will be another SI appearing shortly.

And here is the version for Wales

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/wsi/2.../contents/made

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Nov 7, 2020 at 1:44 am
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The discussion about Denmark corridor is a bit academic in this forum as all BA flights have been cancelled, like for most of Europe destinations (CDG, FRA, MAD, FCO,..).
Old Nov 7, 2020, 3:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It has not stopped entry, but it has removed Denmark from the travel corridors, so arrivals will need to self isolate for 14 days, the same as for other countries which aren't travel corridors.
Originally Posted by BAeuro
This is a further update and a step further the from the ‘safe list’ removal last night.

It should be in the mainstream media soon.
OK, now that I'm at work I can see what has happened, and I think it's important in this era to try to be as accurate as possible, and ideally to attribute data sources as much as possible.

- Flights from Denmark are not banned, nor are (the economically more significant) ferry services.

- Entry from Denmark is banned, including for Danish and other EU citizens, with some exceptions. These exceptions include
a) UK citizens and UK residents (the latter regardless of nationality)
b) Hauliers, freight drivers, aviation staff and similar.

- The requirement to self isolate is greatly expanded and they are asking people to self isolate if they arrived in the last 2 weeks on a backdated basis

- The other exemptions from self isolation - such as essential workers - are mostly removed. The remaining exemptions are being drawn up but probably will include diplomats and aviation staff.

Here is the Department for Transport press release which is more detailed.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...-mink-outbreak

Statutory Instruments will be revised soon, and/or a new one issued.
IAMORGAN and wilsnunn like this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 3:23 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
The discussion about Denmark corridor is a bit academic in this forum as all BA flights have been cancelled, like for most of Europe destinations (CDG, FRA, MAD, FCO,..).
If that were the case, then BA wouldn't be selling tickets for flights for today, which they are. I'm on tenterhooks as I have lost all paid work since February and am flying to CPH later in the month...
Old Nov 7, 2020, 4:00 am

Just had a cancellation come through on a trip to Athens that was booked ages ago for next weekend. I had no intention of going, even before lockdown, but BA have cancelled first so no need for a FTV.

Update: and an hour after the cancellation email I get another from BA entitled 'what to expect on your trip to Athens'... 😁
Old Nov 7, 2020, 6:26 am
Suspended

How are BA cancelling CDG, FRA etc, surely such busy business traveller routes merit a flight a day?

KLM seem to be flying to most UK and major European cities. No LUX service with BA, but LHR-AMS-LUX operating no problem. Maybe BA have been a bit hasty?

Also surprised to see Easyjet shut down completely. Not even running flights between London and Scotland. Many essential workers need those routes. Wizzair and Ryanair still operating but at reduced frequency. Wonder if that indicates they are about t to go bust?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.