Impact of November lockdown on BA travel

Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by 13901
Whose list?

If the flight is cargo only you can load boxes on the passenger deck. If it isn't... you can't. And I somehow suspect you can make more money, these days, flying stuff than people.
Got it, thanks! They will, I am sure, as they should, follow the money.
13901 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA will not cancel all flights but we have to expect a return to April/May levels. Some routes will be maintained for vital connections and others for cargo uplift.

I imagine the current quarantine free leisure destinations will see heavy cuts (Greece, Canaries) and could be suspended.
BA still listing flights to Athens for Saturday
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
BA still listing flights to Athens for Saturday
Zero-ing out of BA passenger flights seems to be set from Sunday.
BA then likely a cargo only airline from then as mentioned in other posts.

For those that 'have to get there', Lufthansa ran at least one FRA-LHR-FRA flight a day - even through April peak lock-down. Though, at a premium price.

Its some irony that possibly from next week 'Brexit Britain' will rely on a German (and partially German government owned) airline to connect the UK to the world.
Dave_C likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by DFB_london

For those that 'have to get there', Lufthansa ran at least one FRA-LHR-FRA flight a day - even through April peak lock-down. Though, at a premium price.

Its some irony that possibly from next week 'Brexit Britain' will rely on a German (and partially German government owned) airline to connect the UK to the world.
Is that right? I can still see plenty of BA flights being sold for passengers after Sunday (e.g. MAD, DUS, FRA, ATH, etc.). Incidentally, I came across a B789 on LHR-FRA as well. Nice upgrade for the passengers.
esledo and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:37 am

How common is it that all travel classes of a given BA flight are zeroed out on Expert Flyer, but that BA is still selling tickets through their website for that same route?

ANSWER: It happens for a while already. Setting the Point Of Sale to USA does the trick!

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Nov 4, 2020 at 11:36 am
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
How common is it that all travel classes of a given BA flight are zeroed out on Expert Flyer, but that BA is still selling tickets through their website for that same route?
I think this is an ExpertFlyer error. I have read about this on a couple of other threads as well lately.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
I think this is an ExpertFlyer error. I have read about this on a couple of other threads as well lately.
Yes, when I do a query fot ‘+/- 3days’ I get lots of zeros. Asking for a single day within the same range gives a non zero result.
Also, in my case the BAEC app shows heaps of award availability in November, so not cancelled at the moment (this is a CPT flight). But the ‘you might want to reconsider’ warning appeared in MMB. for the first time this afternoon. Is this now a feature on all non-cancelled bookings?
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
very common atm BA Availability on Expertflyer
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See these threads:
BA Availability on Expertflyer
Expertflyer vs reality
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32786881-post61.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32776561-post2237.html
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Don't fully understand the relationship with Iberia, so if BA went cargo only, would this include Iberia, the flight I am looking at says operated by Iberia not BA? Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by paulaf
Don't fully understand the relationship with Iberia, so if BA went cargo only, would this include Iberia, the flight I am looking at says operated by Iberia not BA? Thanks
IAG is the parent company of both BA and Iberia. However, they’re run as separate airlines and have different operating strategies. If BA shut down passenger operations, Iberia would not be affected, unless they also decided to go cargo only.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by Pieter Kleynhans

Due to increased uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, you may wish to change your travel plans

So that you can better manage your travel plans you have the following options:
  • You don’t have to do anything, you can keep your booking as it is.
  • You may be able to rebook these flights and other flights free of charge, subject to availability.
  • Please call us to check if your flight can be changed.
  • You may cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the fare rules for your ticket allow it. Please call us to request this refund.
I had that yesterday and now one of my flights is cancelled. Glad I waited as now I can get all the money back as cash rather than a voucher.
Often1 likes this.

Last edited by chance88088; Nov 5, 2020 at 6:39 am
Old Nov 4, 2020, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
IAG is the parent company of both BA and Iberia. However, they’re run as separate airlines and have different operating strategies. If BA shut down passenger operations, Iberia would not be affected, unless they also decided to go cargo only.
Thanks subtle but important difference then.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Per the recent announcement by the UAE you can choose to have a PCR test done on arrival in Dubai instead of having one done prior to travel.
I've not read the thread in full but just to warn this is ONLY on Emirates. BA will not accept you without a clear certificate within 96 hours and this was being enforced as of last night at LHR. The queue for tests on arrival looked horrific as well.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pieter Kleynhans
just spoke to youfirst, lady asked if i am going for business and that i should provide a letetr stating so on day of flight. unsure if flights actually going ahead but BA will ahve an update at 6pm today after parliamentary business earlier today.
Did the update happen?

I’m now in Spain and wondering if I should scramble back (to LHR) before the weekend? Or will there be any flights between Spain (south preferably) and London in the coming weeks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.