Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impact of November lockdown on BA travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
LCA return on 20th cancelled and it look like they're substantially reducing LCA flights generally
Old Nov 2, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
LHR to Malaga now all unavailable (cancelled) for dates 16th Nov to 2nd Dec inclusive. There is the odd option to fly IB via Mad on a couple of days.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It looks like most cancellations are for short haul. I'm still holing out some hope I will get to travel to ANU on the 14th. I have a feeling when this is washed out in parliament, the advice will be not to travel but it won't actually be illegal.
ExpatExp, paulaf and diego454 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kingcole974
It looks like most cancellations are for short haul. I'm still holing out some hope I will get to travel to ANU on the 14th. I have a feeling when this is washed out in parliament, the advice will be not to travel but it won't actually be illegal.
if the FCO advised a ban on all but essential travel, you need to check your travel insurance. I phoned mine today to see if they would cover me if I moved my flight to Wednesday to get away before the lockdown and they said I would not be covered because I already know that the FCO will be advising against leisure travel. I thought that was quite a hard line to take, given that I would have already left the UK before the ban, but that is insurers for you!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
if the FCO advised a ban on all but essential travel, you need to check your travel insurance. I phoned mine today to see if they would cover me if I moved my flight to Wednesday to get away before the lockdown and they said I would not be covered because I already know that the FCO will be advising against leisure travel. I thought that was quite a hard line to take, given that I would have already left the UK before the ban, but that is insurers for you!
There are several companies offering insurance when against FCO advice, Avanti and Higos I have got quotes from before.
bluemoon68 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by steve170461
LCA return on 20th cancelled and it look like they're substantially reducing LCA flights generally
just arrived into LCA tonight, return on the 28th canceeled and rebooked on later flight BA663 so looks like down to once aday
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
There are several companies offering insurance when against FCO advice, Avanti and Higos I have got quotes from before.
Avanti website : COVID-19 Cover is not included while you're away if you're travelling against advCOVID-19 (Coronavirus) Cover Update: Our policies cover Trip Cancellation, Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you are affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus).

Cover only applies if the FCO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination.
ice.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by diego454
Avanti website : COVID-19 Cover is not included while you're away if you're travelling against advCOVID-19 (Coronavirus) Cover Update: Our policies cover Trip Cancellation, Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you are affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus).

Cover only applies if the FCO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination.
ice.
and Higos:

We are pleased to announce we are now able to offer existing travel insurance for renewals and new travel insurance quotations however with specific restrictions in place and in accordance to the FCO travel advice.

Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:27 pm

ice.
You can add the necessary cover during the quote process for about £5.

https://www.avantitravelinsurance.co...avel-insurance
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Looks like the Tenerife flights have been pulled. None showing for booking in Nov now through to 2nd Dec, awaiting the cancellation email as MMB still says all is OK for my November booking.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
You can add the necessary cover during the quote process for about £5.

https://www.avantitravelinsurance.co...avel-insurance
it covers only European destination correct ?
aren’t brit covered by the European health inssurance anyway ? Which work even with FCO advise.

Edit I checked and yes they are covered, sorry I’m french,
So what they offer is minimal ...

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/hea...nsurance-card/
Old Nov 2, 2020, 5:38 pm

If BA still operates from MLE on the 12th, what would you recommend once in LHR? Trasiting as expected to LGW for a direct flight to ALC or remain at LHR area and fly via MAD.

I guess assuming I am leaving airside anyway it does not matter at all, right?

It’s getting difficult as days pass by!!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: Executive Club
and Higos:

We are pleased to announce we are now able to offer existing travel insurance for renewals and new travel insurance quotations however with specific restrictions in place and in accordance to the FCO travel advice.

Try Battleface.co.uk they definitely provide cover when FCO advises against
Old Nov 3, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Paren
Also, I have a reservation at Dixons Travel in T5 and they emailed to say that they're unsure if the store will be open or closed now - they will get confirmation from Head Office tomorrow on if they need to close. I'm not sure if other stores will have to close as well, but one would imagine this would be the case sadly.
Dixons Travel confirmed to me that they will be closed. Assume other stores to do the same too.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 3:20 am

Does anyone know if the full-text of the Statutory Instrument with the details of Lockdown v2.0 and the travel restrictions has been posted yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.