BA flight to LHR to Inverness Fri 6th

Old Oct 31, 20, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
BA flight to LHR to Inverness Fri 6th

I have a British Airways flight booked on Friday morning LHR to Inverness, returning Monday 9th.

With the new lockdown announced for England starting Thursday I have a number of queries..

Can I travel on this internal UK flight...
as we would have potentially just been placed into this newly announced 2nd lockdown?

The Highlands is still tier 1 out of 5 so everything is open in that area of Scotland, just socially distanced, wearing of masks etc

Can my son drive me from LGW area, to drop me off at LHR at 6am for the 8am flight, and return home without breaking lockdown rules?

Will the club lounge at T 5 remain open on Friday?
Old Oct 31, 20, 2:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think you will have to be patient to get some answers. No one can say for certain today.
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:04 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Fatdickie View Post
I have a British Airways flight booked on Friday morning LHR to Inverness, returning Monday 9th.

With the new lockdown announced for England starting Thursday I have a number of queries..

as we would have potentially just been placed into this newly announced 2nd lockdown?

The Highlands is still tier 1 out of 5 so everything is open in that area of Scotland, just socially distanced, wearing of masks etc

Can my son drive me from LGW area, to drop me off at LHR at 6am for the 8am flight, and return home without breaking lockdown rules?

Come on, how do you honestly expect anyone here to answer your, very wide-ranging, questions immediately? Wait and read the regulations like the rest of us then make an adult decision.
ENTP, Sam Bee and mikeyfly like this.
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

Whilst the details haven't been announced yet, from what Boris said I don’t think our son driving you to the airport falls into one of the permitted reasons for leaving home.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Nicola Sturgeon tweeted earlier today “we are asking people not to travel to or from England at all, except for essential purposes”.

Fairly unequivocal, I’d say.
Misco60 and shefgab like this.
Old Oct 31, 20, 3:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 View Post
Nicola Sturgeon tweeted earlier today “we are asking people not to travel to or from England at all, except for essential purposes”.

Fairly unequivocal, I’d say.
On this point, this is not law in Scotland even for Level 4 areas (which there aren't any yet). None of the Levels in Scotland's system which takes effect from Monday have any legal restrictions for moving within or in/out of Scotland. You would not be committing an offence if doing so.

Of course she may introduce a law on this but we shall have to see whether that happens.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 31, 20, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
Thanks everyone

Looks like I'll just postpone the trip to a later window in December

Cheers
Old Oct 31, 20, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks everyone

Looks like I'll just postpone the trip to a later window in December

Cheers
Even within Scotland the advisory is not to move from high covid areas into other parts of the country unless absolutely necessary.

Clearly a short holiday is just not in any way sensible right now so you are making a sensible decision.

Hopefully things improve all round soon.
Fatdickie likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: