FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA flight to LHR to Inverness Fri 6th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2027864-ba-flight-lhr-inverness-fri-6th.html)

Fatdickie Oct 31, 2020 1:35 pm

BA flight to LHR to Inverness Fri 6th

I have a British Airways flight booked on Friday morning LHR to Inverness, returning Monday 9th.

With the new lockdown announced for England starting Thursday I have a number of queries..

Can I travel on this internal UK flight...
as we would have potentially just been placed into this newly announced 2nd lockdown?

The Highlands is still tier 1 out of 5 so everything is open in that area of Scotland, just socially distanced, wearing of masks etc

Can my son drive me from LGW area, to drop me off at LHR at 6am for the 8am flight, and return home without breaking lockdown rules?

Will the club lounge at T 5 remain open on Friday?

KARFA Oct 31, 2020 1:46 pm

I think you will have to be patient to get some answers. No one can say for certain today.

krispy84 Oct 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 32785740)
I have a British Airways flight booked on Friday morning LHR to Inverness, returning Monday 9th.

With the new lockdown announced for England starting Thursday I have a number of queries..

as we would have potentially just been placed into this newly announced 2nd lockdown?

The Highlands is still tier 1 out of 5 so everything is open in that area of Scotland, just socially distanced, wearing of masks etc

Can my son drive me from LGW area, to drop me off at LHR at 6am for the 8am flight, and return home without breaking lockdown rules?

Come on, how do you honestly expect anyone here to answer your, very wide-ranging, questions immediately? Wait and read the regulations like the rest of us then make an adult decision.

KeaneJohn Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 32785740)

Whilst the details haven't been announced yet, from what Boris said I don’t think our son driving you to the airport falls into one of the permitted reasons for leaving home.

GumshoeW12 Oct 31, 2020 2:16 pm

Nicola Sturgeon tweeted earlier today “we are asking people not to travel to or from England at all, except for essential purposes”.

Fairly unequivocal, I’d say.

KARFA Oct 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12 (Post 32785848)
Nicola Sturgeon tweeted earlier today “we are asking people not to travel to or from England at all, except for essential purposes”.

Fairly unequivocal, I’d say.

On this point, this is not law in Scotland even for Level 4 areas (which there aren't any yet). None of the Levels in Scotland's system which takes effect from Monday have any legal restrictions for moving within or in/out of Scotland. You would not be committing an offence if doing so.

Of course she may introduce a law on this but we shall have to see whether that happens.

Fatdickie Oct 31, 2020 3:11 pm

Thanks everyone

Looks like I'll just postpone the trip to a later window in December

Cheers

smokie36 Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fatdickie (Post 32785983)
Thanks everyone

Looks like I'll just postpone the trip to a later window in December

Cheers

Even within Scotland the advisory is not to move from high covid areas into other parts of the country unless absolutely necessary.

Clearly a short holiday is just not in any way sensible right now so you are making a sensible decision.

Hopefully things improve all round soon.