M&S BoB has gone.....

Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
M&S BoB has gone.....

...... awaiting confirmation of the new food offer. Waitrose and Greggs among those being mentioned.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bhbloke
...... awaiting confirmation of the new food offer. Waitrose and Greggs among those being mentioned.
Well, while I'm sure some will disagree, I personally hope that we wait for a very, very long time and keep our free water, tea, coffee, juice, and crisps.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:34 am

Nothing against Greggs personally but I dont see how this works for either brand?! Passengers would potentially pay a premium (or feel theyre getting a premium product) with M&S or Waitrose but otherwise youd be better off having BA branding on the sandwiches (even if theyre made by Greggs).
roy2016 and Pack like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Despite having to wear a mask, the two short haul flights I've managed to take during this were all the more pleasant for the absence of the trolley blocking the aisle for the entire flight.

I'm not daft enough to think they'll stick with the current free offering which will add about 1.50 tops to a ticket price, so will be interesting to see who picks it up. Probably an enhancement to Tesco.
skipness1E, hessbo, SxMan and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Bohinjska Bistrica; Oct 26, 2020 at 2:10 am
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:51 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
If we had both Waitrose and Greggs that would be great. Waitrose offer some nice ,if pricey, stuff and the chance to have a nicely heated Greggs saugsage roll in the air (for a reasonable price!) would be welcome.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:55 am

Both Greggs and Waitrose sandwiches are ghastly.

A Waitrose Ham & Cheese sandwich (on the face of it not the heaviest, I'd say) has 21% of the calories the average person needs in a day; 25% of the fats, and 41% of the saturates; 37% of the salt. Add to it a bag of crisps and a can of Coke and you wonder why the UK is no. 1 for obesity in Europe.

It'd require a miracle, sure, but I'd like to see the day when BA will serve economy snacks and meals of the kind provided by Swiss.
steve170461, :D!, jackr27 and 7 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:04 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
As someone who is (medically) gluten-free, I found the M&S BoB offering rather useless (so bring my own)... the idea of Greggs fills me with despair!
EuropeanPete and lhrsfo like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Considering this was the Y survival pack for over 2 hours, anything would be better.

For what its worth, the Boots Meal Deal is still going strong and indeed they have a nearly full selection in T5.

Its cheaper than BoB and IMO better 😊

chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by 13901
Both Greggs and Waitrose sandwiches are ghastly.

A Waitrose Ham & Cheese sandwich (on the face of it not the heaviest, I'd say) has 21% of the calories the average person needs in a day; 25% of the fats, and 41% of the saturates; 37% of the salt. Add to it a bag of crisps and a can of Coke and you wonder why the UK is no. 1 for obesity in Europe.

It'd require a miracle, sure, but I'd like to see the day when BA will serve economy snacks and meals of the kind provided by Swiss.
Considering that lunch is one of three meals a day the fact that the sandwich has c1/3 of your energy requirements seems about right.
Crismyth likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by lizban
Considering that lunch is one of three meals a day the fact that the sandwich has c1/3 of your energy requirements seems about right.
if only it wasn't weighting less than 200 grams, didn't have all the fats and salt it hs and if only people ate only that (and not that, the bag of crisps, a Mars bar all washed down with a fizzy drink).
EuropeanPete, BA6501 and Pack like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Much as I love Greggs sausage roll as a guilty pleasure every so often, with all the 'Spinning and Brushing' required from eating any of their pastry products, just think how dirty the cabins would get....
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:59 am

By the way, the crewmour I hear is that it's either Tom Kerridge (who?) or Pret. If the latter is correct I'm looking forwards to see how much higher the mark-up vs the Pret in the terminals will be.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:05 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
By the way, the crewmour I hear is that it's either Tom Kerridge (who?) or Pret
Tom Kerridge is the chef of the only pub in the UK to have two Michelin stars. Anyone who doesn't know who he is doesn't deserve to be eating his excellent food, IMHO. <grump off>
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:15 am

By the way, the crewmour I hear is that it's either Tom Kerridge (who?) or Pret. If the latter is correct I'm looking forwards to see how much higher the mark-up vs the Pret in the terminals will be.
Considering Tom Kerridges steak & ale pie featured in BoB before, would be interesting to see if he features again. Pret would be great. But if only the hot options were more than just the tomato & mozzarella wrap. More than 1 hot option with good availability of stock would make this successful. Hopefully implementation will be better and not like what Tourvest/BA did with perennially low stock of hot/fresh food!
chrism20 and 13901 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: Some
Pret makes a lot of sense, kind of generic/broad appeal but good enough quality that people will pay for it and doesn't clash with the attempt to hang on to some semblance of 'premium' in ET. Also has the advantage of being a known brand to connecting passengers from the US/Middle East, etc.

Greggs would be completely incomprehensible on so many levels (not premium, unknown outside of UK, it even has the wrong geographic focus for most of BA's customer base in the UK). 'Hi Sir/Madam, you look hungry after your long connecting flight from Jeddah/Muscat/Kuala Lumpur/Lahore/Tel Aviv, could I interest you in a sausage roll?'
thijsseh and rockflyertalk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.