CCR cards expiring into 2022

Old Oct 20, 20, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
CCR cards expiring into 2022

Hopefully the mods won’t mind me setting up a separate thread on this very specific issue arising out of status extensions.....

Has anyone whose TP collection year has ended in the last few months, and who was expecting a CCR card to come through by virtue of the general status extension, actually received a new CCR card yet?

To put it into context, I have had a CCR card for several years and renewed in Sept on 3,650 TPs. I have yet to receive a new card. I believe the status extension entitles me to one but I am starting to worry!
Old Oct 20, 20, 3:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Delivery of CCR cards is hit and miss at the best of times so I really wouldn't give it a second thought and certainly wouldn't choose this as a topic to be worried about.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Oct 20, 20, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Do you see the 'Card for access to Concorde Lounge' entries on the 'Executive Club items' page on BA.com?
I see three entries with a total of three days between them earlier this year. Card arrived earlier than expected as well.
Old Oct 21, 20, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by El_Duderito View Post
Do you see the 'Card for access to Concorde Lounge' entries on the 'Executive Club items' page on BA.com?
I see three entries with a total of three days between them earlier this year. Card arrived earlier than expected as well.
I did look, yes, and whereas the entires are usually there around my renewal date, this year there is nothing.,,,,,
Old Oct 21, 20, 1:53 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer View Post
I did look, yes, and whereas the entires are usually there around my renewal date, this year there is nothing.,,,,,
Not here either.
Old Oct 21, 20, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Delivery of CCR cards is hit and miss at the best of times so I really wouldn't give it a second thought and certainly wouldn't choose this as a topic to be worried about.
When I say I "worried", I probably mean dreaming of a glass or two of LPGS on the terrace.....:-)

I'v read that some people have had issues in the past with CCR cards. It always seems to be the same unlucky ones every year however.

My card has always arrived within 3 days of me passing the magic 5K (or 10K one year), as has it for all of my colleagues.
Old Dec 12, 20, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), LH FTL, SPG Plat
HFHFFlyer / (Anyone else). Could I kindly ask whether you ultimately got your CCR card? I ask because I received my renewal GGL pack this week. Likewise in my case, no new CCR card and no mention of it online in my "Exec Club items". Has BA in fact chosen not to the roll the CCR cards automatically? As background at just under 2,000 points I 'officially' did not meet the criteria for either GGL or CCR card renewal. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 12, 20, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Has anyone whose TP collection year has ended in the last few months, and who was expecting a CCR card to come through by virtue of the general status extension, actually received a new CCR card yet?
Reset in August with a paltry 2000TP and a new CCR card arrived in late October, my GGL pack arrived about 3 weeks later, all with an expiry of September 2021 as one would expect.
Old Dec 12, 20, 12:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by Beaulieu View Post
Reset in August with a paltry 2000TP and a new CCR card arrived in late October, my GGL pack arrived about 3 weeks later, all with an expiry of September 2021 as one would expect.
I called BA and they said CCR cards were not being renewed automatically but who knows whether this is true... frankly donít care as I moved 95% of flying to LX LH group
Old Dec 12, 20, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Beaulieu View Post
Also received new CCR card before GGL card / renewal pack, though with a longer gap between the arrivals (maybe 6-8 weeks).
Old Dec 13, 20, 2:17 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Not here either.
I wrote to the GGL email and within a few days had a newly minted CCR mailed to me.
Old Dec 13, 20, 2:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I think if you hit the reduced threshold of 3750 you will get a new CCR card issued straight away. If you donít hit the threshold and are relying on just having one through your year extension it doesnít get issued automatically and you have to contact the GGL team.
Old Dec 13, 20, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Yes I think if you hit the reduced threshold of 3750 you will get a new CCR card issued straight away. If you don’t hit the threshold and are relying on just having one through your year extension it doesn’t get issued automatically and you have to contact the GGL team.
Correct. I ended my year on 3650. Nothing. I then called up the GGL line and they posted a new one to me. I had it within four days.
Old Dec 13, 20, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
If you donít hit the threshold and are relying on just having one through your year extension it doesnít get issued automatically and you have to contact the GGL team.
Donít think thatís a hard and fast rule, I havenít spoken to the GGL team since March and havenít stepped foot on a plane since February! Iím aware of at least one other person who is the same.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 13, 20, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I didn't requalify but they issued and dispatched one on the hitting the milestone the last time (Nov for me) as an extension.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: