UVF (St Lucia) tomorrow 21/10

Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
UVF (St Lucia) tomorrow 21/10

A bit of an odd one... I booked a last minute trip to St Lucia last week as something to look forward to. However when I go to check-in online, while its says online check-in is open when I actually try to check-in it says Im too early. Though the flight leaves at 10... Worse still, manage my booking shows the flight as cancelled! The GGL confirms its operating still, though the shuttle to GND is cancelled, so ought to be reassured...but, I cant help but be a little nervous!

Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Expertflyer shows the below :

Scheduled: 21/10/20 10:00 Estimated:
Actual:
Scheduled: 21/10/20 13:50 Estimated:
Actual:
BA 2159 Scheduled LGW
Term: N
100% / 0m UVF
Scheduled: 21/10/20 14:50 Estimated:
Actual:
Scheduled: 21/10/20 15:40 Estimated:
Actual: BA 2159 Scheduled UVF
NA / NA GND
Peter_S likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Peter_S
A bit of an odd one... I booked a last minute trip to St Lucia last week as something to look forward to. However when I go to check-in online, while its says online check-in is open when I actually try to check-in it says Im too early. Though the flight leaves at 10... Worse still, manage my booking shows the flight as cancelled! The GGL confirms its operating still, though the shuttle to GND is cancelled, so ought to be reassured...but, I cant help but be a little nervous!
ba.com is showing as cancelled due to ATC restrictions

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 20, 2020 at 1:46 pm Reason: Remove large image from quoted content
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by jameslon
ba.com is showing as cancelled due to ATC restrictions
As the OP has already identified previously, only the UVF-GND-UVF part is cancelled. LGW-UVF-LGW is still operating. G-VIIV.
Peter_S likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Yes, and Ive now found on track my flight that info too...I assume the fact that both sectors have the same flight number is what upsets ba.com and the app?

Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
The app/ba.com cannot cope with one leg of a multi leg flight being cancelled. LGW-UVF will be fine. GND isnt available at the moment for widebody ops.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by surryson
The app/ba.com cannot cope with one leg of a multi leg flight being cancelled. LGW-UVF will be fine. GND isnt available at the moment for widebody ops.
I read that the reason for GND being out of action is due to a firefighting foam supply issue:

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2020/10/s...ategorisation/
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
I read that the reason for GND being out of action is due to a firefighting foam supply issue:

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2020/10/s...ategorisation/
theres a NOTAM for d/graded fire cover , your detailed reason sounds about right. Narrow bodied ops only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.