Search

BA 0649. CFU LHR. Mon 12th Covid?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Gold
BA 0649. CFU LHR. Mon 12th Covid?

Was on BA0649 from Corfu to LHR last monday

Just had a text from NHS track n trace.. asking me to self isolate for 14 days from last Monday, so just 7 days left.
Work from home anyway so easy enough.

Anyone else had an email like this following a flight, just wondering how common it is?
Anyone on same flight?

I presume as track & trace only have your details that you were on a particular flight, they send the email to everyone, even though they could be seated 40 rows apart.

​​​​
If a mod wishes to move this to covid section, please go ahead
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:30 pm

Good to know that they informed you after only 7 days.
af fp and Sealink like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If the person concerned took and reported a positive result 7 days ago I would agree the delay is not acceptable. If the person concerned only took and reported a positive result today then I can't see it could have been quicker. Do you know which one was the case?
Often1 and Nephoi like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

No idea
All you get is a text asking you to log onto track n trace
That then tells you when you were in contact with someone who has now tested positive, in my case my flight on 12th.
Due to data protection etc, no one knows who of the 200 passengers it was.

Luckily I was row one, boarded last and first off.
I work from home, have made one trip to Sainsburys on Saturday, otherwise minimal contact with anyone.

World beating £12 billion track n trace in action.

​​​
Sealink, KARFA and ENTP like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:23 pm

Can I not so gently suggest that you do in fact follow the advice of Test and Trace. The fact you were in row one may not have had any benefit here.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Fatdickie

I presume as track & trace only have your details that you were on a particular flight, they send the email to everyone, even though they could be seated 40 rows apart.

​​​
The UK Arrival form you would have filled in asks you for your seat number ( and booking ref ) ..I would have assume the test and trace people have access to that so in theory could identify those seated in close proximity ... whether they do or not I’ve no idea !
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MFCC
Can I not so gently suggest that you do in fact follow the advice of Test and Trace. The fact you were in row one may not have had any benefit here.
​​​​​​
Yep totally agree and am doing so..
As I work from home have no reason to leave house to work, so not even a problem
My kids (in their 20's) can earn their keep and pick up any shopping we need for the next week or so

My question was really, Do you think that track n trace are precise enough to only notify the few people sitting around the individual, or do they just get everyone on the flight to quarantine?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
The UK Arrival form you would have filled in asks you for your seat number ( and booking ref ) ..I would have assume the test and trace people have access to that so in theory could identify those seated in close proximity ... whether they do or not I’ve no idea !
Don't think there are enough columns on their Excel spreadsheet to add seat and row number. 😉
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Don't think there are enough columns on their Excel spreadsheet to add seat and row number. 😉
Given the stories that's entirely possible, but I think at least in theory they would have the information to notify only those seated close by and not the whole flight
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Based on plenty of first hand knowledge from healthcare people, test results are regularly taking several days rather than one day to be reported back to the individual at the moment. The delays to 'priority' tests for people who need to go into hospital for elective procedures is causing chaos at the moment.

So the fact that you got notified 7 days after the flight is about right allowing time for symptoms, delayed test result, and some tracing.
justin_krusty and Fatdickie like this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You should have been asked to log-on to the Contact Tracing Website. This has a facility allowing you to communicate with the contact tracers. In a similar situation I'd ask for clarity about where my contact details came from, and whether the whole plane has been asked to isolate.

Of course regardless of their answer you are legally required to comply with their instruction.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Truthmonkey
You should have been asked to log-on to the Contact Tracing Website. This has a facility allowing you to communicate with the contact tracers. In a similar situation I'd ask for clarity about where my contact details came from, and whether the whole plane has been asked to isolate.

Of course regardless of their answer you are legally required to comply with their instruction.
Thanks Truth Monkey

Happy to isolate and abide by any rules,

​​​​​​I might log on to track n trace again later and see if I can message or chat to obtain any further qualification.

It would be nice to know,
Is it just a blanket quarantine for the whole flight or

Is this targeted for just a small area of a few rows of the plane.

Cheers
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I think its the 3 rows in front and 3 rows behind the infected person that are notified.

not sure if that changes in areas close to the toilets where there may be more footfall

it could be they only developed symptoms a few days after they arrived back in the UK and tested 5 or 6 days after their return, hence why you are hearing after 7 days.

If so they would probably have tested negative if any test on arrival had been available.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I dont know if I am joining dots that are not there but could it be a member of (the club) crew on that flight that tested positive?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I dont know if I am joining dots that are not there but could it be a member of (the club) crew on that flight that tested positive?
yes it could potentially have been a crew member. There is nothing in what has been written that makes it more or less likely

It could just as easily have been someone in the row behind them as a member of the crew.

I do not believe they ask an entire flight to isolate otherwise why as for a seat number.

3 rows back and forward of the infected person would be in line with being in the range of "2 meters for at least 15 minutes"

This may however change if they are seeing multiple people from the same flight test positive.
Fatdickie likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Oct 20, 2020 at 10:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.