Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 0649. CFU LHR. Mon 12th Covid?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Barnby 100, I hope that your symptoms do not get any worse and that you make a speedy recovery
👍
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:06 pm

I would recommend wearing BA 1st pyjamas for that day to night look when managing CV19. They have been invaluable.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I would recommend wearing BA 1st pyjamas for that day to night look when managing CV19. They have been invaluable.
but which ones? the older blue ones (i prefer) or the newer with the satin neckline?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: GGLfL
Not sure if anyone else here has been contacted by Track & Trace this afternoon, we've just been contacted and are required to self-isolate until 13 June, which takes us back in time to our 3 June arrival into LHR.

I assume the positive case was therefore on our flight (BA182 from JFK departing on 2 June). It would be interesting to know if the whole flight has to self-isolate - we were in row 1.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Not sure if anyone else here has been contacted by Track & Trace this afternoon, we've just been contacted and are required to self-isolate until 13 June, which takes us back in time to our 3 June arrival into LHR.

I assume the positive case was therefore on our flight (BA182 from JFK departing on 2 June). It would be interesting to know if the whole flight has to self-isolate - we were in row 1.
Did they phone you, or was this an app notification?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:23 am

Given recent reports about trips back from Portugal, it might well be the whole plane. If so, the day 2 test seems to be there to frustrate travellers by claiming they're "close contacts" of Covid cases (who might be sat 70 metres away at the other end of a 77W).
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Did they phone you, or was this an app notification?
Text from NHStracing, following up 5 minutes later by a phone call. We both got them almost simultaneously. I can only guess that someone tested positive on their Day Two test yesterday.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Text from NHStracing, following up 5 minutes later by a phone call. We both got them almost simultaneously. I can only guess that someone tested positive on their Day Two test yesterday.
I assume they got your mobile number from BA?

That sucks...
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

That sucks...
it would be on the PLF.

I have had this same scenario on a domestic flight though so in that case both my emails and phone number would have been given to track and trace by BA since there is no PLFF
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:43 am

That sucks...
It's on the PLF form, along with email address. And the text "NHS Test and Trace has identifed you as a close contact of someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19" is addressed to [First Name, Middle Name], which is also on the PLF form.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
This track and trace lark is one of the reasons I’ve been reluctant to fly. I know it’s the same in restaurants but the stakes are really high if you’re abroad and either have to isolate for your whole holiday or get stuck abroad for 10 extra days. I hope it gets abolished.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
This track and trace lark is one of the reasons I’ve been reluctant to fly. I know it’s the same in restaurants but the stakes are really high if you’re abroad and either have to isolate for your whole holiday or get stuck abroad for 10 extra days. I hope it gets abolished.
why would you have to isolate if you are abroad? they do not have any jurisdiction over you once you leave the country.

now if you get covid abroad and test positive before the return and are stuck for ten days...well that stinks but is the risk people take going abroad.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Nobody has yet mentioned whether there was any question about whether the OP was vaccinated or not.... Surely that is a factor of some relevance?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DominicB
Nobody has yet mentioned whether there was any question about whether the OP was vaccinated or not.... Surely that is a factor of some relevance?
There is no allowance based on vaccination in any of this I am afraid. You have to self isolate regardless.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Traveled with partner on two UK domestic BA flights on 20 May. Partner was contacted by Test and Trace a week later on 27 May and instructed to isolate until 23:59 on 30 May. Could only have been from the flight as we had not been anywhere else that required us to leave details. I didn't get anything from Test and Trace despite being sat next to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.