Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No Avios when flying Alaska Business Class?

Old Oct 19, 20, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold

I recently flew ORD - SEA - LAS in business class with Alaska. Flights were booked in I class at $384 per person. The flights have posted to my BAEC account but no Avios have been credited. I spoke with BA who said this is correct. Certainly according to ba.com it seems as if flights booked into "I" class don't earn - but is this really correct? The earnings charts for AS show that you'd earn Avios in every single economy fare class, as well as in "First" when booked into F and P - but nothing for I which seems a glaring omission.

At the end of the day it's not a massive loss of Avios if, indeed, there are no earnings for these flights but it's still a tad disappointing.

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 20, 11:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

I class isnít on the list of eligible selling classes, so unfortunately do not earn Avios
Old Oct 19, 20, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
I class isnít on the list of eligible selling classes, so unfortunately do not earn Avios
Thanks. That is what I saw (both in the Dashboard here and on ba.com) but it seems like a glaring omission.
Old Oct 19, 20, 11:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
Thanks. That is what I saw (both in the Dashboard here and on ba.com) but it seems like a glaring omission.
Partner airlines awards can be tricky. MH is another case in point with certain selling classes missing out.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 19, 20, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
And American also have some classes that miss out.
Donīt have the examples in front of me, but one of the higher coach class letters get zero, and the basic economy does get Avios.

LcS
Old Oct 19, 20, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Whereas on LATAM, you used to get Avios and TPs on redemptions! Presumably because of a glitch in interpreting the ticket class codes.
so3003 and ENTP like this.
Old Oct 19, 20, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
In case anyone looks at this thread in the future and wonders how to check a partner airline for a specific selling class, see this link:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...-avios/flights

and click on the partner airline of your choice.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 19, 20, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Avios earning on AS I fare class (First class)
AS I Class Doesn't Earn Avios on BA?
Old Oct 19, 20, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
Whereas on LATAM, you used to get Avios and TPs on redemptions! Presumably because of a glitch in interpreting the ticket class codes.
Glad I wasn't the only one! I didn't want to say anything about that, but it happened at least once (possibly both) times I used Avios for AKL-SYD on LA a few years ago.
Old Oct 20, 20, 2:53 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
This was because the redemption buckets for LAN nicely aligned with revenue buckets for the merged LAN/TAM ie LATAM 😉

On another topic one of my favourite redemptions IPC-PPT return, Easter Island to Papeete, Tahiti, in LAN business on the 787, was an excellent use of Avios 😍
LCSinTexas likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: