Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get of copy of the data BA hold about you.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tocsin
I tried this out this morning - on Chrome I just got header/ footer and a very nice 'Cancel' button in the middle of white space...

Tried on Edge, and all was revealed, but when I got the email (after about 5 minutes) I made the mistake of just clicking the URL - off to a blank Chrome with my 'use once' link

Will try again tomorrow...
Something similar with Safari. So maybe the problem doesn't lie with us and our browsers.....
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by muscat
Interesting that it shows cabin flown, rather than cabin booked. (Those were happy days when my upgrades were well over fifty percent on one route)
Strangely, mine don't all show the cabin flown. Maybe it's just the more historic ones, but there are some where I upgraded with miles and some where I got an at-gate upgrade where it shows the original cabin booked. Mine also includes some flights that weren't mine, but were taken by the head of the HHA I am in (as recently as July).

I have a similar issue with the address field though. There are several versions of my address (which largely amount to versions of the same thing, except one showing as Ukraine!). However, there is a 7th address showing as a residential property in Lexington, MA (which I have definitely never had a connection with). It looks a very nice house though.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I also note that cancelled flights are included in the period where you got TPs and points for cancellations (who needs Tesco, eh?).
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
BA will hold a lot more info about me than is in this report!

Promotion offers accepted
Prices paid
When I used avios to part pay....

These will be just a few examples
Keystone likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:39 am

What I find interesting is that only BA coded flights appear in the history, yet I've had many other airlines' flights (other oneworld airlines) post to my Exec Club account. For example, BA coded, QF operated sectors appear in the history. Clearly BA do track these oneworld flights so why aren't they included in the data protection request?

Also, some redemption flights appear in the list, and some do not appear in the list.

Finally, flights on staff travel with my Exec Club number don't post to my Exec Club statement, but do appear in this list.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dave_C
What I find interesting is that only BA coded flights appear in the history, yet I've had many other airlines' flights (other oneworld airlines) post to my Exec Club account. For example, BA coded, QF operated sectors appear in the history. Clearly BA do track these oneworld flights so why aren't they included in the data protection request?

Also, some redemption flights appear in the list, and some do not appear in the list.

Finally, flights on staff travel with my Exec Club number don't post to my Exec Club statement, but do appear in this list.
I had the same, I found some staff travel flights listed in my record too, which I was surprised about.

It just looks like, for the purposes of this report, any BA flight number that you travelled on that had your Executive Club number in it is recorded. Which includes codeshare flights with a BA flight number, staff travel and so on. Any other travel is not recorded in this report, perhaps as it's not BA travel and is deemed irrelevant. When it comes to things like your CIV, I'm sure only your BA spend and pattern is counted, for example (though your status also is and that can be earned other ways). Who knows, I'm just guessing
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Prices paid

CIV score? Being a stingy so and so I don't have to ask them what mine is.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by johnaalex
information BA do hold about you
Originally Posted by wilko1
This information clearly isn't all the information BA have about me.

I have put a formal request in to the DPO email
Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Prices paid

Originally Posted by HIDDY
CIV score?
Just to note that, under the GDPR rules, BA is only required to include "personal data", which generally means "any information from which a person (a data subject) can be identified or potentially identified from".

Transactional prices, and any internal metrics (= CIV score) which are used to categorise you for the purposes of receiving specific promotions or preferential treatment are out of scope.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by :D!
Same here, I guess we have to wait 24 hours to try again.
Worked for me after the 24hr benching, by using Edge throughout. Thanks, : D ! , peter h and IAN-UK

Could be that my Chrome setup is fairly well locked down, but Edge is plain vanilla.

No surprises, some mangled and repeated phone numbers and addresses, but nothing significant. No reason I can see for my emails to be addressed "Dear Mrs Tocsin"

Last edited by Tocsin; Oct 21, 2020 at 2:29 pm Reason: de-mangled :D! from a smiley...
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just to note that, under the GDPR rules, BA is only required to include "personal data", which generally means "any information from which a person (a data subject) can be identified or potentially identified from".

Transactional prices, and any internal metrics (= CIV score) which are used to categorise you for the purposes of receiving specific promotions or preferential treatment are out of scope.
I'll start by saying I am no legal bod..., but the GDPR covers far more information that the definition in your post: it covers 'any information relating to an identifiable or identified natural person under the GDPR'. This is therefore far broader, as it includes anything relating to an identifiable individual (ie is the other way around to your definition - because it is associated with an identified individual it counts, not that you have to identify the individual from it). It therefore DOES include things like the CIV, as it is tied to you. It includes anything relating to an identifier for you, so anything associated with things like: IP addresses, cookies, booking identifiers, are also included.
I shall update this forum when I get a response from BA. I am expecting the information provided to be substantial.
I'll also add this form does not claim to fully discharge BA's SAR obligations. I suspect it is there to provide basic information to appease most people in to not making further requests.
Keystone likes this.

Last edited by wilko1; Oct 22, 2020 at 12:04 am
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:44 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Tocsin
Worked for me after the 24hr benching, by using Edge throughout. Thanks, : D ! , peter h and IAN-UK

Could be that my Chrome setup is fairly well locked down, but Edge is plain vanilla.

No surprises, some mangled and repeated phone numbers and addresses, but nothing significant. No reason I can see for my emails to be addressed "Dear Mrs Tocsin"
Yes I use a Chromium derivative like yours, I can't even book a BA flight on it as it fails after card authorisation, because it wants a cookie from somewhere else.

I got it to work with my self-resetting vanilla firefox, but almost "benched" myself again when downloading the report, fortunately it lets you try 3 times!

I note that my flight history includes the 10-odd flights on my old BAEC account before I closed it in order to change my membership year end date - but not the 2 BA flights I took before I joined the first time.

Also my UK domestic RFS redemptions prior to domestic CE are all marked as Business.

btw, my username is meant to be a !
Tocsin likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by wilko1
I'll start by saying I am no legal bod..., but the GDPR covers far more information that the definition in your post: it covers 'any information relating to an identifiable or identified natural person under the GDPR'. This is therefore far broader, as it includes anything relating to an identifiable individual (ie is the other way around to your definition - because it is associated with an identified individual it counts, not that you have to identify the individual from it). It therefore DOES include things like the CIV, as it is tied to you. It includes anything relating to an identifier for you, so anything associated with things like: IP addresses, cookies, booking identifiers, are also included.
I shall update this forum when I get a response from BA. I am expecting the information provided to be substantial.
I'll also add this form does not claim to fully discharge BA's SAR obligations. I suspect it is there to provide basic information to appease most people in to not making further requests.
if anyone is interested, there’s some informative guidance on what is data is be considered “personal”, “identifiable” and “relating to” on the Information Commissioner’s Office site :

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...personal-data/
VSLover likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by :D!
btw, my username is meant to be a !
In that case, thanks !
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by johnaalex
For those of you curious about the information BA do hold about you, including your flight history with them, you can now download it as a PDF from the BA website using THIS LINK.
Thanks for the link. For some reason it's mostly only showing my personal flights, I only see a couple of work trips on there, and none before 2014.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:33 am

Appended to the bottom of the BA personal data report is :

This report details all the personal information you have provided to us. It has been compiled from multiple sources, including but not restricted to: British Airways bookings and flight information, ba.com and Executive Club account profiles, complaints and other communications with our contact centres.
Considerations when reviewing your data
· You may have a booking with us but the information we have is insufficient to match it to your request. For instance, your First and Last name is not enough particularly if a booking has more than one passenger.
· The list of past travel maybe incomplete as it may not be possible to link the information provided to a booking.
· The postal address is drawn from an Exec Club profile, booking and/or compliant information and reflects the data as entered.
· The email address(s) are drawn from bookings, profiles and complaints. In some cases, the same email address is provided against multiple passengers or might be the person who made the booking, in any case it will be as entered.
If any information in this report is wrong, please report it to [email protected]
To understand how we use your information, please refer to our Privacy Policy
Please remember to keep this report secure and delete it when you have finished with it. Do not download your report on public computers or upload it where
others can see it.
The line "This report details all the personal information you have provided to us" indicates BA's interpretation of the scope of what they are obliged to provide under the regulations.

Interesting that they include flight number, date and class, but not seat number.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Oct 23, 2020 at 6:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.