Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get of copy of the data BA hold about you.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
I've only lived in two houses in the 25 odd years in the Exec Club but have 16 addresses listed. Most are messed up versions of my actual address but bizarrely I seem to have -
A flat in London
A house in the London suburbs
A place in Philadelphia
An apartment in New York
Versions of my address in California and Highgate Terrace SA which I guess is South Africa!

The travel log is accurate though..
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
I've only lived in two houses in the 25 odd years in the Exec Club but have 16 addresses listed. Most are messed up versions of my actual address but bizarrely I seem to have -
A flat in London
A house in the London suburbs
A place in Philadelphia
An apartment in New York
Versions of my address in California and Highgate Terrace SA which I guess is South Africa!

The travel log is accurate though..
if only I could live a vicarious jet set lifestyle through my BA profile. Sadly it's pretty accurate apart from multiple variants of the same phone number and address. And all my old UK domestic flights are showing as having been in business class... I think I'm owed some Avios!
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Could some of the other addresses be something you've given as API for hotels? Or people who've flown with you in the past and had their addresses tied to your account as part of that?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:55 pm

good to know some things
It's looks like all credited to BA flights are on list
I have some which was with BA but credited to AA so they are not on list
one strange think I found out
12-Dec-2013 BA984 LHR London TXL Berlin Business
11-Dec-2013 BA984 LHR London TXL Berlin Business

I remember what it was mess on 11DEC at LHR and they shout down all flights after 4pm so we didn't took flight on 11 DEC 2013 but next day
but for some reasons they are on list maybe because we had already boarding passes and was waiting Airside....
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:46 pm

Dodgy postal address for me too. As main contact.address. Although not showing on my profile. Perhaps a bug in drawing the info together?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:46 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I have 3 addresses with the correct BAEC number, 2 in Canada which are correct and another in Maidenhead, Berkshire which I am sure is lovely but where I have never set foot in my life.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Could very well be a travel agent address.
It probably is. If you ever booked with the likes of kiwi.com (tip: don't) you'll see their business addresses and emails too.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
I received my report in under 10minutes, start to finish. More efficient than the booking system

What was interesting, apart from trying to work out why I was in certain cities for which project was an address and telephone number in South Shields, that I know absolutely nothing about. Just like some of the posters above. The house appears to be a private residential address. I've never even been to South Shields and definitely never had a house or phone there. A quick email to BA now.

What the report does show is, they track your phone number. My Russian, Dubai and Czech phones are listed but I've never provided them with those numbers on my profile
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC
For those of you finding odd data in your report, one of the key principles of data protection law is to ensure that data held about data subjects (people) is accurate.

BA have a legal duty to correct data where it is found to be wrong. Contact that DPO address on the report!

4. Accuracy
The accuracy of personal data is integral to data protection. The GDPR states that “every reasonable step must be taken” to erase or rectify data that is inaccurate or incomplete.

Individuals have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete data be erased or rectified within 30 days.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Well that's weird. I downloaded mine and it has two exec card numbers at the top. One of which is certainly not mine. I have had the same one since 1991.
Same for me, I have 2 numbers, the first one I have never seen before and is not mine, labelled Blue and the second which is mine, labelled Gold. So strange. It then has all the information like phone numbers, addresses and emails (and lots of incorrect ones) listed twice for each EC number.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:12 am

This information clearly isn't all the information BA have about me.

I have put a formal request in to the DPO email
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Same various slight errors on mine too. I won't be contacting them to have it corrected as a: I'm not overly concerned about it (maybe I should be?) and B: when someone hacks them again, they might get hold of the erroneous data which is better than them getting the correct info
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Interesting, I have 3 addresses under primary info which are all variations on the same (current) address - which is maybe why they often question my answer to that security question! There are several further versions of the same address under other info, including 2 lines which appear to be identical, and several versions of my mobile number. And it shows my status as gold - unless they don't differentiate GGL?

On a (maybe) similar note, when I make a booking, and it asks who is travelling, the dropdown has 2 entries for me - one of which is fully populated and one of which has fields missing. Any idea how to 'edit' those available profiles - or delete the incomplete ones?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:43 am

I would like to apologise to whoever it was that flew Edinburgh-Birmingham-Edinburgh in 2006 and didn’t get credited with their tier points as the flight appears on my listing of flights flown. (Maybe there is a flyertalk topic......What happened to my tier points??)
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Followed the herd and downloaded the report.

Slightly bittersweet - prompted a few happy memories, mixed with regret at the current (and ongoing) restrictions.

Rather boringly, all of the information seems accurate...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.