Get of copy of the data BA hold about you.

Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
The second exec club account is likely your old avios.com account when they merged with BAEC back in November 2018
That would make sense, thanks. It's not a number I've seen before but I can imagine that they created a second one to merge the info from Avios.com
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:38 am

how interesting. submitted my request today.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
It's not exactly an exciting document. Current contact details, any older contact details that are in the system and every BA flight you've taken.

I already have all those records
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They have an email (one of several) on file for me that doesn't exist. It could quite easily be one of mine but it is not.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've done this before. The quality of their data is iffy to say the least.

It says I am a Silver member which I haven't been for over 10 years, it has an email address that definitely isn't mine and no sign of CIV or anything interesting!
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:08 pm

Glad I pulled the report as I have found a major anomaly in my record. It appears I have two postal addresses against my name and have my BAEC number any against both. The primary being in Scotland, not England. Furthermore it is not an address I recognise!

Should I raise this as a privacy/data protection issue?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Glad I pulled the report as I have found a major anomaly in my record. It appears I have two postal addresses against my name and have my BAEC number any against both. The primary being in Scotland, not England. Furthermore it is not an address I recognise!

Should I raise this as a privacy/data protection issue?
Surely you just do the old world thing, contact them and ask them to correct it?
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
My company is working on a distributed ledger project for a large organization with thousands of stakeholders. It makes it possible for the stakeholders to edit their own information in the ledger and update it where necessary. After all, there's no-one better placed to correct their own information than the stakeholders themselves. What we're seeing here is an excellent demonstration of the drawbacks of centralized database systems where things get entered incorrectly or become out of date and rarely get corrected.
ThatT1Feeling and squeeler like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

All okay apart from mine includes an Amsterdam postal address. When questioned by the missus I told her I hadn't a clue what it was....not sure she believed me.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Interestingly I also have a different second address - perhaps it's a system glitch?!
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by gcuk
Surely you just do the old world thing, contact them and ask them to correct it?
Originally Posted by HIDDY
All okay apart from mine includes an Amsterdam postal address. When questioned by the missus I told her I hadn't a clue what it was....not sure she believed me.
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Interestingly I also have a different second address - perhaps it's a system glitch?!
So three of us with the same issue. Surely this is one for the Data Protection Officer to investigate?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:55 pm

So three of us with the same issue. Surely this is one for the Data Protection Officer to investigate?
My Primary contact info is okay. The Amsterdam address they hold comes under the ''other contact details we have about you'' section.I suspect it's nothing to worry about
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
My Primary contact info is okay. The Amsterdam address they hold comes under the ''other contact details we have about you'' section.I suspect it's nothing to worry about
I would still email the DPO address at the bottom of the report to get it checked as a precaution. Still better to be safe than sorry later.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:09 pm

I would still email the DPO address at the bottom of the report to get it checked as a precaution. Still better to be safe than sorry later.
Could very well be a travel agent address.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:18 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Just downloaded mine, fascinating look back at all the travel I did in the 1995 to 2000 period. Forgotten I had been to the USA so many times too. I must be getting old

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.