Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Appalling check-in service at FAO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Of course it could be that there where 22 no shows in CE....especially as you have to quarantine on arrival when travelling from mainland Portugal.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by macdrew
Another load of patronising twaddle - Please read the original post properly before you vent your spleen.
What a patronising pompous comment.
A couple of dozen bags of crisps and bottles of water - right.
Got up on the wrong side of the bed? Cheer up, you saved money AND avoided reading "Enjoy your menu" on a cardboard box. I might've made a habit of making lemonade with the trainloads of lemons I've been dealt with in the past 8 months or so but that, to me, sounds like a win.
aidy, nancypants and LBA_flyer like this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Out of interest, did you mention your experience to the CSM on boarding? I’m not sure what power they have now to upgrade people, after take off.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
What a patronising pompous comment. There is a big difference on this forum between people who genuinely want to help and those who will post anything, however useless, to boost their postings numbers
yes I agree for example stating a post called appalling check in service!! Glass houses my friend

i was actually coming back to this post to advise someone else has advised the same so it maybe a glitch!

But seems your already having a fun day so you enjoy your anger on this lovely weekend!

Last edited by aidy; Oct 18, 2020 at 4:16 am
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Out of interest, did you mention your experience to the CSM on boarding? I’m not sure what power they have now to upgrade people, after take off.
I don't believe the CSM can do paid upgrades. There was a time when they could a few years back, but that option was removed.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Originally Posted by SonTech
Of course it could be that there where 22 no shows in CE....especially as you have to quarantine on arrival when travelling from mainland Portugal.
Fancy me not considering that fatuous idea.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13901
Got up on the wrong side of the bed? Cheer up, you saved money AND avoided reading "Enjoy your menu" on a cardboard box. I might've made a habit of making lemonade with the trainloads of lemons I've been dealt with in the past 8 months or so but that, to me, sounds like a win.
I actually was on the right side of the bed, enjoying my quarantine here on a beautiful sunny morning in North Wales and having a lovely breakfast of fresh coffee, warm croissants Normandy butter and quince jam.
Whilst I acknowledge there are many on this forum who are very kind and helpful, interesting and amusing, there are also those who have to blow their trumpet despite the discordant noise they emit, for whatever self serving purpose and who really do need winding up
13901 likes this.

Last edited by macdrew; Oct 18, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't believe the CSM can do paid upgrades. There was a time when they could a few years back, but that option was removed.
Yes, sadly that perk was removed some considerable time ago, along with the freebie upgrade if one looked SFU
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Fancy me not considering that fatuous idea.
I believe the words you may have been searching for were something like: “thanks for the input, I really appreciate people taking the time to put forward suggestions. In the circumstances, I think it’s unlikely, however”.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
I believe the words you may have been searching for were something like: “thanks for the input, I really appreciate people taking the time to put forward suggestions. In the circumstances, I think it’s unlikely, however”.
Careful not to emit discordant noises!
HarryHolden68 and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aidy
yes I agree for example stating a post called appalling check in service!! Glass houses my friend

i was actually coming back to this post to advise someone else has advised the same so it maybe a glitch!

But seems your already having a fun day so you enjoy your anger on this lovely weekend!
Sorry, I hope my comments did not overly disrupt your internet search on how to get a life .
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
How rude of me. My sincere apologies for mistaking the suggestion of 22 CE no shows on the third flight to LHR within 2 hours as being fatuous. I should be prepared accept any input such as this in the manner it should be accepted.

Last edited by macdrew; Oct 18, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13901
Careful not to emit discordant noises!
"Parp Parp"
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:30 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Generally speaking, members who come here with the right intentions, an open mind, and politeness towards those trying their best to unravel what might have happened get the very best, most useful, most insightful comments.

Thread closed.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.