Gold Priority Reward - new policy?

Old Oct 12, 2020, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Gold Priority Reward - new policy?

Apologies for the new thread but I couldn't find anything on this. Please feel free to move/merge if this has been discussed before!

I just tried to make a GPR for a flight that would otherwise have been a Peak flight to GVA (i.e. 4,500 Avios + £17.50) but for which there is no reward availability. (As it happens, the flight would currently be 3,375 + £17.50 in the sale -- but this is not a question about the sale!). I was expecting to be quoted 9,000 Avios + £17.50 (or 6,750 Avios + £17.50 in the current sale) for the GPR.

The agent told me that all GPRs now had to be for the "maximum Avios" option -- i.e. they would only take the 9,000 Avios + £0.50 option (6,750 Avios + £0.50 in the sale) and double that -- i.e. 18,000 Avios + £0.50 (13,500 Avios + £0.50 in the current sale).

Was the agent correct, or should I HUACA? If so, this is a significant devaluation of the GPR, as the "maximum Avios" option is rarely good value in the first instance (and then doubling the Avios requirement exacerbates this).

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Apologies for the new thread but I couldn't find anything on this. Please feel free to move/merge if this has been discussed before!

I just tried to make a GPR for a flight that would otherwise have been a Peak flight to GVA (i.e. 4,500 Avios + £17.50) but for which there is no reward availability. (As it happens, the flight would currently be 3,375 + £17.50 in the sale -- but this is not a question about the sale!). I was expecting to be quoted 9,000 Avios + £17.50 (or 6,750 Avios + £17.50 in the current sale) for the GPR.

The agent told me that all GPRs now had to be for the "maximum Avios" option -- i.e. they would only take the 9,000 Avios + £0.50 option (6,750 Avios + £0.50 in the sale) and double that -- i.e. 18,000 Avios + £0.50 (13,500 Avios + £0.50 in the current sale).

Was the agent correct, or should I HUACA? If so, this is a significant devaluation of the GPR, as the "maximum Avios" option is rarely good value in the first instance (and then doubling the Avios requirement exacerbates this).

Thanks!
Ask the agent to dig out the email about GPR, it says "if customer is unhappy with the new avios prices, they should be offered standard avios prices".

The "maximum avios" is just laziness of the staff - it's what their system suggests, "standard avios" pricing needs to be handled manually.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, and phew. In that case, I'll try again!
EDIwanderer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.