Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Alex Cruz stepping down from BA [Sean Doyle from EI new CEO]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Cruz stepping down from BA [Sean Doyle from EI new CEO]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ermis177

Anyhow, you have long defended BA with mostly poor arguments that have no evidence and most of times no logic ( people want to go from A to B, if you do not want to fly with BA try another airline and so on). Lets say we agree that we disagree.
I suspect he speaks up for BA because he is happy to fly with them. Not exactly an odd thing to do if you ask me. It is the BA forum after all!!
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
BYE x
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:59 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Further to my post in the “BA signs LOI for 737MAX” thread, the Sunday Times Biz section today has an article on Sean Doyle and BA challenges. Is on page 7.

Speculation on maybe business class cabins shrunk in exchange for more PE seats, new leisure routes to go for the “visiting friends and family” market.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BOH
Further to my post in the “BA signs LOI for 737MAX” thread, the Sunday Times Biz section today has an article on Sean Doyle and BA challenges. Is on page 7.

Speculation on maybe business class cabins shrunk in exchange for more PE seats, new leisure routes to go for the “visiting friends and family” market.
So if this happens we should expect more rotations/routes to the subcontinent and Eastern Europe (and probably Med airports in summer too given the current focus on premium leisure). If this happens I imagine a lot of the more marginal business-focused Asia routes will be dropped or at the very least downgraded/downgauged, too.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Er, is there any danger that you could just agree to disagree?

We all have definitions of words, but to argue it out on here is strange.
Arguing seems to pretty much be the entire thesis of this forum anymore.

Regards
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Arguing seems to pretty much be the entire thesis of this forum anymore.

Regards
Yes, but not about the definitions of non-aviation related words, at least most of the time. I think they both need to move on before things degrade and the pruning shears appear!

rb211.
choosethedrew and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
To return vaugely to the topic of this thread, Sean Doyle's keynote address to Airlines 2050 is at 10:15: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32749551-post131.html
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
To return vaugely to the topic of this thread, Sean Doyle's keynote address to Airlines 2050 is at 10:15: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32749551-post131.html
Just heard it... bit of a broadside against the government "we are not hearing from governments" on testing regimes and so on. Couldn't be clearer and damning.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by opus99
Well Sean is speaking at a conference on Monday. It’s going to be broadcast online and it’s free to join. He will be talking about his vision for the industry and I’m sure he will be asked about his vision for BA seeing as he’s the new CEO. Link below for all who want to listen in.

https://twitter.com/flightevents/sta...819802114?s=21
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I've split this into a new thread, since I think this speech goes beyond the hand over of CEO.

Sean Doyle, CEO of BA, speech to Airlines UK / FlightGlobal - 19 Oct 2020
LCSinTexas and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: BAEC
So the 31st March was Alex’s last day as Chairman of BA. According to his LinkedIn, he has just started a new job as a Board Member and Advisor for the startup ‘Fetcherr’ (a Pricing Intelligence Company)
NoY likes this.

Last edited by BAeuro; Apr 5, 2021 at 6:34 am
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by ermis177
The way to fly nowadays is in J/F in competitive prices. You might think that a 1.5k for a return trip in J is very cheap but this is a reality. Without being rude you seem to share your experiences 10 and 20 years ago. Things have....moved on!
London market is fully open and very strong competitors are around. For one hop you have the choice from Qatar, Singapore to Lufthansa and Air France. For direct flights to big cities there are ANA, United and Cathay. None of them are weak competitor.

Outside London the LCCs have bigger market share where a stop in London doesn’t attract too many people.

The easiest market would indeed be where BA is the only 1 or 2 airlines flying directly to London. The rest of the capacity can be sold as cheap fares to UK/EU destinations.

As long as London remains a world business/leisure centre, which it will do, oversea markets will remain good to BA.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by SKRan
London market is fully open and very strong competitors are around. For one hop you have the choice from Qatar, Singapore to Lufthansa and Air France. For direct flights to big cities there are ANA, United and Cathay. None of them are weak competitor.

Outside London the LCCs have bigger market share where a stop in London doesn’t attract too many people.

The easiest market would indeed be where BA is the only 1 or 2 airlines flying directly to London. The rest of the capacity can be sold as cheap fares to UK/EU destinations.

As long as London remains a world business/leisure centre, which it will do, oversea markets will remain good to BA.
I am sure for 2 hops you will get more competitors and we 3 hops all the other airlines in the world. One hop is not a direct competitor. BA knows that.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Now, according to Sky News, Alex has been approached by SAS Airlines to become their new CEO. That shows he really was quite a good CEO, even if others here disagree.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Now, according to Sky News, Alex has been approached by SAS Airlines to become their new CEO. That shows he really was quite a good CEO, even if others here disagree.
He wasn't. He really, really, really wasn't.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Never liked him, SAS are welcome to him.
psollitt, londonba2014 and 13901 like this.

Last edited by Can I help you; Apr 5, 2021 at 6:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.