FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating changes / map locked (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2026670-seating-changes-map-locked.html)

Adstring Oct 11, 2020 2:57 am

Seating changes / map locked

Has anyone had issues recently with seats being changed or the seating map locked?

As a GCH I've had my seat changed on the last 3 segments. Last night I selected some seats for a segment that is now about 40 hours away, I think my seat has changed again and now I can't even see a seat map when I try to look in MBB to change it. So annoying when flying on the A320neo and trying to avoid the slim seats! PS - almost certain this is not because the club europe divider is moving.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 11, 2020 3:53 am

This suggests the flight is under "airport control", which is nothing new, but happens a lot at the moment due to last minute changes to equipment. I'm sure the recent AAIB report about the Wizz flight from LTN to PRG means they are getting extra careful at the moment. It may open up again, but there is a period from T25 to T24 when it transfers to FLY and is also not accessible.

Adstring Oct 11, 2020 4:07 am

Highly infuriating...10 seat changes in the last 2 weeks and none to my advantage. Called Gold line and can't do anything. They said there may have been an aircraft change (there hasnt...it's scheduled to be an A320neo and always has been that aircraft). Mainly been shifted out of exit rows or back from row 10 / 11 / 12 to 15+. Not great on 4 hour+ flights when one of the benefits of being a GCH (and my reason for booking BA) is access to exit rows.

corporate-wage-slave Oct 11, 2020 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Adstring (Post 32738910)
Highly infuriating...10 seat changes in the last 2 weeks and none to my advantage. Called Gold line and can't do anything. They said there may have been an aircraft change (there hasnt...it's scheduled to be an A320neo and always has been that aircraft). Mainly been shifted out of exit rows or back from row 10 / 11 / 12 to 15+. Not great on 4 hour+ flights when one of the benefits of being a GCH (and my reason for booking BA) is access to exit rows.

That will be a mixture of curtain roulette and NEO balancing in those rows. Just leave it to about T28, avoid the rear of CE and it should stick then.

Confus Oct 11, 2020 4:54 am

There’s definitely some balancing for trim going on. Even at check-in last week I was only allowed a choice of 3 seats (load was 40% so plenty technically free), all of them in 2 rows right where the CoG would have been. I very much doubt every single one of the 50 or so other passengers were Gold with TS blocks.