Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impossible to reach BA on the phone? Disconnects?

Old Oct 6, 20, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

I am a Gold member and have tried the Gold line and the regular numbers and every time I get cut-off at various different stages and the call just disconnects. Have tried a 3 mobile and a Vodafone mobile and have same problem on both. Have tried about 50 times over last couple of days. How can I reach them?

Appalling that they still have not fixed these problems; I was having the same issues back in August but it didn't cut off until after I'd reached an agent and thankfully they'd actioned what I needed them to.
Old Oct 6, 20, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This thread a few rows down...

Please Hang up

Guess the main thread is here...

Current Status of BA Call Center
Old Oct 7, 20, 3:02 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I had this yesterday but when asked what department I wanted I said it was a holiday enquire and did get through, and then had to be put through to the avios refund department did have to wait but at least not cut off
Old Oct 7, 20, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I called yesterday evening (from a 3 mobile) as I had an issue with a FTV voucher. Got a recorded announcement with details of another number (freephone one). Called that, connected immediately and (20 minutes later) problem solved.

I do all I can to NOT call in general, so was surprised and impressed I could get through with no wait so late in the evening.
Old Oct 7, 20, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape View Post
I am a Gold member and have tried the Gold line and the regular numbers and every time I get cut-off at various different stages and the call just disconnects. Have tried a 3 mobile and a Vodafone mobile and have same problem on both. Have tried about 50 times over last couple of days. How can I reach them?

Appalling that they still have not fixed these problems; I was having the same issues back in August but it didn't cut off until after I'd reached an agent and thankfully they'd actioned what I needed them to.
The gold line has been like that for several months now. Cynics would say it is an attempt to force you to take a FTV by making it impossible to get through to get any other type of refund.......
Old Oct 7, 20, 6:09 am

Two refund calls this morning (using cooling off period from the Avios Sale) - both times answered and issue dealt with and call ended in under five minutes. Also, voucher and Avios returned immiedately
Old Oct 7, 20, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by nigelw View Post
The gold line has been like that for several months now. Cynics would say it is an attempt to force you to take a FTV by making it impossible to get through to get any other type of refund.......
You need to phone up to use the FTV* so you'll still get cut off at some point

*Actually, f you're not in a hurry (as it can take a few hours between messages), Twitter will book using an FTV for you.
Old Oct 7, 20, 9:25 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold plus various other pleb level air and hotel programmes
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Two refund calls this morning (using cooling off period from the Avios Sale) - both times answered and issue dealt with and call ended in under five minutes. Also, voucher and Avios returned immiedately
And just to confirm, did you call the 0800 number that BA is directing most people to use?

I've had a handful of attempts over the past few weeks were I stayed on hold for maybe 20-40 mins without my call ever being answered, but they tended to be in the afternoon (when I usually have a free hour)
Old Oct 7, 20, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by daftboy View Post
And just to confirm, did you call the 0800 number that BA is directing most people to use?

I've had a handful of attempts over the past few weeks were I stayed on hold for maybe 20-40 mins without my call ever being answered, but they tended to be in the afternoon (when I usually have a free hour)
No, an 0208 number
Old Oct 7, 20, 10:04 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold plus various other pleb level air and hotel programmes
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
No, an 0208 number
I expect that makes a difference, as most people who have been posting about delays and issues recently have been using the 0800 number I think, myself included (I'm assuming it's not a number you want to share)
Old Oct 7, 20, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm not long off the phone to the gold line. Was able to move a simple return flight back three weeks in under 13 minutes, including a short hold period.
Now a good time if you need to get something sorted.
Edit: also calling the 0208 number
Old Oct 7, 20, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by daftboy View Post
I expect that makes a difference, as most people who have been posting about delays and issues recently have been using the 0800 number I think, myself included (I'm assuming it's not a number you want to share)
I called the 0208 version of the Gold line a couple of weeks ago (weekday at 4pm) to cancel a flight and ask about extending a previously extended GUF. Chose 'anything else' from the options and was speaking to a very helpful agent within a minute. Cancellation easily dealt with and the GUF query was passed on (but was told that the request was very unlikely to be turned down).

As is often said: YMMV

Search this Thread
Search Engine: