FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Impossible to reach BA on the phone? Disconnects? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2026420-impossible-reach-ba-phone-disconnects.html)

oceanscape Oct 6, 2020 1:28 pm

Impossible to reach BA on the phone? Disconnects?

I am a Gold member and have tried the Gold line and the regular numbers and every time I get cut-off at various different stages and the call just disconnects. Have tried a 3 mobile and a Vodafone mobile and have same problem on both. Have tried about 50 times over last couple of days. How can I reach them?

Appalling that they still have not fixed these problems; I was having the same issues back in August but it didn't cut off until after I'd reached an agent and thankfully they'd actioned what I needed them to.

mikeyfly Oct 6, 2020 2:10 pm

This thread a few rows down...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...e-hang-up.html

Guess the main thread is here...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...center-10.html

fdem Oct 7, 2020 2:02 am

I had this yesterday but when asked what department I wanted I said it was a holiday enquire and did get through, and then had to be put through to the avios refund department did have to wait but at least not cut off

shefgab Oct 7, 2020 2:48 am

I called yesterday evening (from a 3 mobile) as I had an issue with a FTV voucher. Got a recorded announcement with details of another number (freephone one). Called that, connected immediately and (20 minutes later) problem solved.

I do all I can to NOT call in general, so was surprised and impressed I could get through with no wait so late in the evening.

nigelw Oct 7, 2020 3:26 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape (Post 32727393)
I am a Gold member and have tried the Gold line and the regular numbers and every time I get cut-off at various different stages and the call just disconnects. Have tried a 3 mobile and a Vodafone mobile and have same problem on both. Have tried about 50 times over last couple of days. How can I reach them?

Appalling that they still have not fixed these problems; I was having the same issues back in August but it didn't cut off until after I'd reached an agent and thankfully they'd actioned what I needed them to.

The gold line has been like that for several months now. Cynics would say it is an attempt to force you to take a FTV by making it impossible to get through to get any other type of refund.......

mikeyfly Oct 7, 2020 5:09 am

Two refund calls this morning (using cooling off period from the Avios Sale) - both times answered and issue dealt with and call ended in under five minutes. Also, voucher and Avios returned immiedately

adrianlondon Oct 7, 2020 8:06 am

Originally Posted by nigelw (Post 32728744)
The gold line has been like that for several months now. Cynics would say it is an attempt to force you to take a FTV by making it impossible to get through to get any other type of refund.......

You need to phone up to use the FTV* so you'll still get cut off at some point :)

*Actually, f you're not in a hurry (as it can take a few hours between messages), Twitter will book using an FTV for you.

daftboy Oct 7, 2020 8:25 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32728868)
Two refund calls this morning (using cooling off period from the Avios Sale) - both times answered and issue dealt with and call ended in under five minutes. Also, voucher and Avios returned immiedately

And just to confirm, did you call the 0800 number that BA is directing most people to use?

I've had a handful of attempts over the past few weeks were I stayed on hold for maybe 20-40 mins without my call ever being answered, but they tended to be in the afternoon (when I usually have a free hour)

mikeyfly Oct 7, 2020 8:27 am

Originally Posted by daftboy (Post 32729248)
And just to confirm, did you call the 0800 number that BA is directing most people to use?

I've had a handful of attempts over the past few weeks were I stayed on hold for maybe 20-40 mins without my call ever being answered, but they tended to be in the afternoon (when I usually have a free hour)

No, an 0208 number

daftboy Oct 7, 2020 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32729255)
No, an 0208 number

I expect that makes a difference, as most people who have been posting about delays and issues recently have been using the 0800 number I think, myself included (I'm assuming it's not a number you want to share)

u01sss3 Oct 7, 2020 10:28 am

I'm not long off the phone to the gold line. Was able to move a simple return flight back three weeks in under 13 minutes, including a short hold period.
Now a good time if you need to get something sorted.
Edit: also calling the 0208 number

peter h Oct 7, 2020 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by daftboy (Post 32729361)
I expect that makes a difference, as most people who have been posting about delays and issues recently have been using the 0800 number I think, myself included (I'm assuming it's not a number you want to share)

I called the 0208 version of the Gold line a couple of weeks ago (weekday at 4pm) to cancel a flight and ask about extending a previously extended GUF. Chose 'anything else' from the options and was speaking to a very helpful agent within a minute. Cancellation easily dealt with and the GUF query was passed on (but was told that the request was very unlikely to be turned down).

As is often said: YMMV