Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antigua flight and holiday.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Currently in Antigua on arrival it was a cursory look at the cert and they note down the test type on the health declaration form. I did a randox home test then panicked it wasn’t by a healthcare professional so spent another £300 on two more tests at a local travel clinic. Belt and braces and probably a waste of money but worth the peace of mind

The_Editor likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
mikeyfly ... Hello ... looks like a nice day, and thanks for the update. Been discussing the Testing scenario elsewhere today, and Antigua is certainly less specific than Gov.UK which clearly states "Only tests administered by health care professionals are valid. Home tests are not permitted." Not taking any chances for our trip at the end of the month ... just booked the full monty with Reid Pharmacy here in Jersey at £140 each!. BTW, your Garden Shed gets a couple of column inches in Saturday's The Times Weekend/Travel bit!

LHRagain ... as to your first question, only you know how ExpressTest operates: I'm a foreigner these days! On our last visit to ANU there was indeed a very pleasant Lounge, but I can't get any data as the Airport website is being redone!! With luck mikeyfly will report back in a couple of weeks!
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Jul 5, 2021 at 10:29 am
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
mikeyfly ... Hello ... looks like a nice day, and thanks for the update. Been discussing the Testing scenario elsewhere today, and Antigua is certainly less specific than Gov.UK which clearly states "Only tests administered by health care professionals are valid. Home tests are not permitted." Not taking any chances for our trip at the end of the month ... just booked the full monty with Reid Pharmacy here in Jersey at £140 each!. BTW, your Garden Shed gets a couple of column inches in Saturday's The Times Weekend/Travel bit!

LHRagain ... as to your first question, only you know how ExpressTest operates: I'm a foreigner these days! On our last visit to ANU there was indeed a very pleasant Lounge, but I can't get any data as the Airport website is being redone!! With luck mikeyfly will report back in a couple of weeks!
Been very fortunate with the weather T8191 only minimal cloud cover and no day time rain. The breeze is delightful and the team here at the resort so friendly.

Will certainly report back on the airport experience this weekend
T8191 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by LHRagain
Back to Antigua Covid testing requirements. I am heading out in a couple of weeks and planning to use ExpressTest drive through at T4. Is this deemed acceptable to the authorities in Antigua as taken by a medical professional? Also does anyone know if there is a lounge in use at the airport for the departure from ANU. Thanks
no I understand the ANU lounge is still closed. I’ve got relatives coming back in 10 days and will re-confirm then. That said it was so quiet at the airport the whole terminal was basically a lounge on our last visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.