Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mauritius flights going ahead?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2020, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Mauritius flights going ahead?

I was wondering whether the MRU flights starting on the 15th of October will go ahead. The government of Mauritius have made it clear that no other airline apart from Air Mauritius and Emirates will be allowed to operate passenger flight to Mauritius in October. Why are BA still selling flights for those dates and if the flights are cancelled at the last minute what rights would passengers have in regards to EU261?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
You’d be entitled to a refund or to rebook, but not to compensation as not being allowed to fly is clearly an extraordinary circumstance outside BA’s control.

Full details of your options in the wiki here: Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:55 am

So far like you said, its only MK and EK as Mauritius is under phase 2 partial re-opening with only these 2 airlines allowed + compulsory 14 days hotel quarantine in approved listed hotels.

Out of curiosity, why does Covid out of EU261 like OP stated : "You’d be entitled to a refund or to rebook, but not to compensation as not being allowed to fly is clearly an extraordinary circumstance outside BA’s control." ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.