Wiki Posts
Search

BA Call Centres

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA Call Centres

The good and the bad. 2 weeks ago I called early morning to try and book our trip to Las Vegas 355 days in advance using Avios and a 2-4-1 voucher due to the popularity of this route.1st agent was extremely helpful but could not confirm booking. Offered to reserve booking provided I called back within 48 hours to confirm it. Called back later and early in the morning. Had major problems with the Agent understanding me and being cut off before I eventually managed to re-connect and complete booking but it took almost 45 minutes. Since then my credit card has not been charged for the booking nor have I had my ticket number advised or confirmed although the booking shows up on my BA Account.

Yesterday I called to book the return journey from LAX. The most helpful agent I have ever encountered. His service was beyond belief including giving me his direct contact number in case I had any problems with the booking. Had all my booking history noted by the time I had answered the security questions. He was unable to complete the booking due to a UK flight connection the next day but offered to diarise this, make the booking and then e-mail back confirming booking, seat numbers etc. Next morning his e-mail arrived confirming flight details, seat numbers etc. He had reversed the original Avios charged for the first one-way flight and charged the correct amount for the return trip. It all took about five minutes. He is a credit to BA and I told him so. Turns out from what he told me that he is the person who handles the Gold Guest List enquiries and does not normally deal with every day phone calls. I must have been lucky to call at a time when he had nothing to do but take calls! His service was excellent and deserves to be congratulated. GGL must be something for me to aspire to but being retired and no more business flights I suspect those days have gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by charlesrhona; Oct 3, 2020 at 1:41 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:49 pm

Their twitter team are also brilliant. I've stopped phoning and do all my cancellations, FTV purchases etc. by twitter message now. I'm realy impressed with the service and it helps convince me to continue making bookings with BA rather than, say, EZY or LH.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:02 pm

Couple of bit weird ones. Called yesterday to make a new booking using FTV. While the agent was excellent and knew her stuff, she made some random pitches. "Did you know you can earn more Avios if you shop through BA shopping portal?" "Your flights are booked. Do you need a hotel for your trip? You can earn extra Avios if you book via BA!" Felt bit like on board of FR.
Made another call today to ask for a refund for cancelled booking. One of the security questions was "What is your main source of Avios? Flights, credit cards or something else?" Haven't heard that one before and totally caught me out. As my Avios earning is quite modest I haven't kept tabs, but I guessed most would come from flights and that seemed to be the right answer.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Sounds like you had made it through to the Avios.com call centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.