Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA removes free MCE seating perk for BA elites [Update : now restored]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA removes free MCE seating perk for BA elites [Update : now restored]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Restored would mean you would have to book main cabin as opposed to BE on AA, economy optimal as opposed to basic on IB, world traveller (checked baggage) as opposed to world traveller (hand baggage only) on BA...

If this works in the lowest economy fare option, it would actually be an improvement, not a return to the previous status quo.
I am booked in the lowest of low fares ($79 DFW-CVG rt) basic economy, no AA status, my BA Silver/OneWorld Sapphire membership number is in the reservation. Previous trips I have been able to book the MCE seats for free, but not this time. I was unable to book the MCE seats without coughing up 62.00USD each direction, so I grabbed a free aisle seat further back and waited, and followed this thread.

The other day the cost for the MCE seats was changed to 0.00USD.

LcS
ISTFlyer and flyertalker28120 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
I am booked in the lowest of low fares ($79 DFW-CVG rt) basic economy, no AA status, my BA Silver/OneWorld Sapphire membership number is in the reservation. Previous trips I have been able to book the MCE seats for free, but not this time. I was unable to book the MCE seats without coughing up 62.00USD each direction, so I grabbed a free aisle seat further back and waited, and followed this thread.

The other day the cost for the MCE seats was changed to 0.00USD.

LcS
And, BAEC members earn Tier Points and Avios on Basic Economy tickets while AAdvantage members would stop earning EQM's on 1 January 2021.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flyer89
According to the AA's forum, it might be a bug showing a charge for companions; however, the status holder and up to 8 companions will be able to select MCE seats for free. Case of point, I was able to select my MCE seats for free, my companion show the amount. A quick message to Twitter got the MCE seats assigned with no cost. It is safe to say that if you phone AA or reach out to Twitter, they will be able to assigned MCE seats for you and your companions.
To update any concerns about companions being charged for, the wording has now been updated that the 8 companion benefit still applies.

Elite member access

Who gets complimentary Main Cabin Extra seats?

• AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members
  • oneworld® Sapphire and Emerald members with elite status on British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
All listed members are allowed complimentary access for up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation.

AAdvantage® Gold and oneworld® Ruby members*

Enjoy complimentary access within 24 hours of departure when seats are available.

*oneworld® Ruby members with elite status on British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
tbm13 and ENTP like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
To update any concerns about companions being charged for, the wording has now been updated that the 8 companion benefit still applies.

Elite member access

Who gets complimentary Main Cabin Extra seats?

• AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members
  • oneworld® Sapphire and Emerald members with elite status on British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
All listed members are allowed complimentary access for up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation.

AAdvantage® Gold and oneworld® Ruby members*

Enjoy complimentary access within 24 hours of departure when seats are available.

*oneworld® Ruby members with elite status on British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
That's great news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.