Wiki Posts
Search

Slow Security T5 - Oct 1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Slow Security T5 - Oct 1

Just a warning - super long queues today (Thurs Oct 1) snaking into the terminal (T5) for Security this morning. Not sure if this is becoming the “new norm” (had to say it). FIRST lane the same - took a good 20 min to get through incl queuing in check-in area and snaking after boarding pass gates. So make sure you turn up early - if you go for the 45 min before method you might miss your flight. Shoes off and everything too (how is that still a thing). Not sure why so slow today as every other time (as few as they are) during Covid it’s been a breeze.... also delayed take off when previously has been on time and landing 30 min early. Hoping it’s a one-off.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
1st of the month so has there been an uplift in departures?

Eg tomorrow there are 5 to EDI while I think there were typically only 3 last month.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
When I flew to ARN last Saturday there were long queues at all the check in desks. I had received a text about checking in my hand luggage due to a full flight (which I was willing to do) but I'm not going to spend all my time in a queue. This then meant that boarding much slower as it seems everyone has the same idea. Security on the other hand was fine with lots of screening lanes open and no queues at all.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
1330 update: still long queues for standard and J check-in/bag drop. No queue at F check-in but about 20 people in front of me queueing for BP check/security.
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Sounds like a role reversal with MAN. T3 staff are now super friendly, no requirement to take off shoes and through in about 2 minutes. How things can change in just a few months!
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Lynyrd
Sounds like a role reversal with MAN. T3 staff are now super friendly, no requirement to take off shoes and through in about 2 minutes. How things can change in just a few months!
Great to have consistency across the UK with regards to shoes on or off.
Lynyrd, SxMan and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
it’s still hit and miss with MAN, even with less pax they seam to make a mess of if.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
Virtually no security line on Monday at about 12:45, about 5 people in front of me when I joined the queue
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by pete3
Virtually no security line on Monday at about 12:45, about 5 people in front of me when I joined the queue
tumbleweed just now in the first wing security...
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Hearing that it was a combination of poor planning by HAL and a partial evacuation of the building (believe airside), resulting in long security queues that took most of the day to recover. Appears BA delayed some flights as a result to ensure customers made it but not sure how long delays were. HAL staff suggest it may also be linked to their consultation over job changes.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Sorry not T5, but I'm not sure if it's related as thenonstopdan on his Insta stories is reporting of 30 min queues over at T2 (and Fast Track closed).
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Heathrow are managing passenger levels terribly, it’s embarrassing (especially for arrivals).
Paren and justin_krusty like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Blimey, just when you thought 2020 could not get any stranger.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Arrivals today also ridiculous. Thick queues all the way back to the SE corner of T5. Whilst I can accept a degree of delay, I’ve not had this before. Surely the border force system knows when there are more arrivals? Pretty appalling. HAL should explain so BA can apologise on their behalf.

Last edited by TheJayHatch; Oct 2, 2020 at 7:42 am
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
HAL staff suggest it may also be linked to their consultation over job changes.
tbis makes sense. Although there were dozens of border force hanging around in non- passport check roles. Just been questioned by one exiting through customs - he was one of three. Would have been better placed on checking passports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.