Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to BA Holidays hotel component after booking?

Old Sep 30, 20, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

Iím making a new booking where Iíve chosen the basic hotel room offered. In the event that the trip doesnít get cancelled, Iíd like to upgrade (the room) just before travel. (My reasoning being that I donít want to end up with BA putting any more of my money onto a FTV than is necessary and Iíll most likely have paid the full amount before any cancellation due to COVID happens.)

Does anyone know if this is usually possible please?
Old Sep 30, 20, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes, it's possible. I changed my whole hotel recently.

Sounds like you have a or are making a new booking too so the no change fee rule would apply, but not sure that would have applied anyway in normal times for changing a room type.
bernardh likes this.
Old Sep 30, 20, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks. I guessed it probably was, but itís useful to have first hand experience.
Old Sep 30, 20, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by bernardh View Post
Thanks. I guessed it probably was, but itís useful to have first hand experience.
Make sure you book a hotel that is changeable. There are some that are non refundable and non changeable!
Old Oct 2, 20, 2:09 am

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
I booked a ba holiday ( Nice) then wanted to change hotel as friends were no longer there. This was within 24 hours of booking but they said the hotel would attract the cancellation fee.

when we arrived we upgraded the room to sea view for a very small payment. You may find upgrade on arrival is cheaper

Search this Thread
Search Engine: