Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bermuda flight permanently moves to LHR (Mar 28 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Platinum Ambassador

As per title.... It has been announced that the Bermuda flight is permanently moving from LGW to LHR from 28th March 2021. Another nail for LGW.....

https://bernews.com/2020/09/ba-servi...ches-heathrow/

The article states that this route will get the new club suite, but not convinced this is accurate.......
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by greyt
As per title.... It has been announced that the Bermuda flight is permanently moving from LGW to LHR from 28th March 2021. Another nail for LGW.....

https://bernews.com/2020/09/ba-servi...ches-heathrow/

The article states that this route will get the new club suite, but not convinced this is accurate.......
It is due to get the Club Suite at the moment, but of course that may change. It’s down to be a 4 class 777-200ER. I posted the details here: COVID-19 BA Suspended Routes, Changes in The BA Network, Speculation & Discussion
greyt likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, Virgin Gold
Does this have any bearing on the future of any long haul out of LGW? 1 more lh flight gone, and just a few Caribbean holiday destinations remaining?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Sounds like a great move, especially these days: I am trying to fly to Bermuda with BA, but no connecting flights for next months from EU mainland. Only option is via LHR and then to LGW (if that is allowed at all, and seen as "transit" during corona times).
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Got my cancelled flight details yesterday and was confused as to the same times and seemingly same details until later in the evening I noticed the airport change. Stoked to say the least as we’ll be getting the CCR rather than LGW First Lounge. Yay but if it is does get Club Suites I’d be tempted to downgrade to Business.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well, to be honest I won't miss the drive back from Gatwick in the morning rushhour, round the M25 up to Northampton.

I am flying back out to Bermuda tomorrow, so would have much preferred Heathrow, but hopefully not too many more trips down to Gatwick the, so for me sounds like good news, but do hope Gatwick is able to fill any vacant slots left by BA move.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Actually surprised this wasn't an LHR route from the start - Bermuda isn't your typical Caribbean bucket and spade destination, and there must be a decent amount of business travel in both directions...
Old Oct 1, 2020, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Actually surprised this wasn't an LHR route from the start - Bermuda isn't your typical Caribbean bucket and spade destination, and there must be a decent amount of business travel in both directions...
But a BA monopoly and most of the traffic O&D to/from London and the UK didn't make it a good candidate to use a valuable Heathrow slot, rather like Jersey
bermudasun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.