Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No more criticising BA if you are an Executive Club member [amendment to BAEC T&Cs]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more criticising BA if you are an Executive Club member [amendment to BAEC T&Cs]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by dougzz
I'm mostly surprised anyone reads the T&C's of anything, but I'm lazy.
or have better uses for your time. No, nor have I read the agreements that Microsoft or Apple insist that I tick either. I’ve probably agreed to being chosen to become a concubine of the incumbent President if the USA, or personal maid to his daughter.

NWI Flyer is right unfortunately. I would pay money to start a thread saying « I was rude about Seńor Cruz and now I’ve been drummed out of the Brownies ». NWI Flyer can plead my defence as he’s very Perry Mason like. Probably diminished responsibility would work well. 😉
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by passy777
May as well close the BAEC sub-forum then!🙄

Oh the irony of ‘misleading statements’.

According to the catering thread, these images are fine, as there is a * on the page ......
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you look at the wording of the Ts and Cs, either before of after this change, you will discover that BA have and had the power to eject you from BAEC for wearing brown shoes. This tends not to happen.

I think you put it very well into perspective - while they reserve the right to do something, it does not mean they will act upon it.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ermis177
The wording is extremely poor and very vague. It will definitely discourage many customers to complain in public.
No, it won't because virtually no-one reads the TandCs until something happens that forces them to read them. Second, as to those who do routinely read them, many will know that vague clauses in consumer contracts are likely to be regarded as "unfair" and, as such, unenforceable. Moreoever, this particular clause is so extraordinary in a consumer contract that it really stands out as a prime candidate for being held "unfair".
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:03 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The proof of the pudding lies in the eating.
Assuming it is edible of course..
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you look at the wording of the Ts and Cs, either before or after this change, you will discover that BA have and had the power to eject you from BAEC for wearing brown shoes. This tends not to happen.
So I presume brown trousers are ok then. Looking forward to winter weather
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am no legal expert and I rely on NWIFlyer expertise that I would win the case if I went through the hassle of taking BA to a British court.

Nevertheless, the plain English meaning of the text is surprising. Any post on FT that "reflects unfavourably on the reputation of British Airways or any aspect of its business, brands, products or services" is a Misconduct.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:33 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by brunos
I am no legal expert and I rely on NWIFlyer expertise that I would win the case if I went through the hassle of taking BA to a British court.
Please don’t rely on me, I’m not a lawyer, certainly not in the Perry Mason mode! It’s merely my opinion, a wholly unqualified one. What is clear is that the circumstance of someone criticising the airline on Facebook, Twitter or Flyertalk is very different to the deliberate manipulating of the system that has caused other passengers to lose their legal cases, so comparisons between the two don’t hold.

If you want a legal opinion, still not a guarantee, there are far more knowledgable people than me. The fact they seem to align with my opinion by liking it may or may not be an indication of their view ... but ultimately the only person who can decide is a judge.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the record, here is the previous and current definition of Misconduct from the Terms and Conditions

Prior to 25 September
"Misconduct" includes:
  • failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of a Service or Airline Partner; or
  • attempting to obtain Tier Points or Avios points by Fraud; or
  • misusing the Services; or
  • misconduct on board a British Airways or Airline Partner's flight or in a Lounge or while checking-in; or
  • misconduct in dealing with British Airways' staff or the staff of any Service Partner; or
  • failure to comply with the applicable conditions of carriage and any other applicable rules and regulations.

After 25 September
"Misconduct" includes:
  • failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or the terms and conditions of a Service or Airline Partner; or
  • attempting to obtain Tier Points or Avios points by Fraud; or
  • misusing the Services; or
  • misconduct on board a British Airways or Airline Partner's flight or in a Lounge or while checking-in; or
  • any misconduct including but not limited to the use of false, threatening, abusive or derogatory language or behaving in a threatening, abusive or derogatory manner in dealing with or directed at British Airways' staff or the staff of any Service Partner; or
  • any conduct, including but not limited to making misleading statements, which causes, is intended to cause or is likely to cause a detrimental effect or reflects unfavourably on the reputation of British Airways or any aspect of its business, brands, products or services; or
  • failure to comply with the applicable conditions of carriage and any other applicable rules and regulations.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:45 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It strikes me this is aimed at the bloggers and vloggers rather than ‘ordinary’ individual passengers. If so I’d have thought there were far more effective ways of managing the situation, such as starving them of information or interview opportunities. The very worst thing BA could do, in fact, is terminate the membership of a high profile blogger because that would create far more negative publicity for them than whatever the original article was about. BA has come through a slamming on here on BoB, on Business Class seating, on seat reservation costs, on lounge champagne, and innumerable other things. If it had wanted to stop anyone commenting negatively on this forum it would have brought this clause in and activated it years ago.

There’s next to no chance of it being used for the purpose apparently feared.

Originally Posted by rapidex
So I presume brown trousers are ok then:
Certainly not, that’s a crime against humanity
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

I think you put it very well into perspective - while they reserve the right to do something, it does not mean they will act upon it.
What is wrong with Brown shoes?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
They’re frowned upon in the City of London, “no brown in town” is the saying. You’ll never see bankers wearing them.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
It strikes me this is aimed at the bloggers and vloggers rather than ‘ordinary’ individual passengers. If so I’d have thought there were far more effective ways of managing the situation, such as starving them of information or interview opportunities.
I've never been offered an interview with anyone at BA! Alex and I have a quick chat when we see each other but its never been on the record.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Nothing, although they really should put a misconduct clause in for gold luggage tags on Louis Vuitton luggage.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Pretty sure members are allowed to be members purely at BA's discretion anyway, so this makes no difference at all as far as I can see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.