Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Amex, anybody else had limits reduced recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex, anybody else had limits reduced recently?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC
I get the impression we might as well just get the ruler out and see who's biggest on this thread.
Kgmm77, T8191, firstlight and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by so3003
I'm sure HfP reported once that there's £1b billed to BA Amex cards every month, so presumably some must be spending north of £60k on it!!
some yes, but not 50% of all cardholders!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Take the free credit check with Experian you will see if your credit rating has altered in recent months. You may want to take the paid option for a full credit history at £15 first month free then cancel when you have all the information.
I have never failed to pay Amex at the end of each month and note the credit limit creeps up every couple of years without application.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
Take the free credit check with Experian you will see if your credit rating has altered in recent months. You may want to take the paid option for a full credit history at £15 first month free then cancel when you have all the information.
I have never failed to pay Amex at the end of each month and note the credit limit creeps up every couple of years without application.
you can also use the MSE credit club, it uses Experian and it’s free
Tocsin likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I really don't care what other people spend - but I'm a bit unsure what this has to do with BA?
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I really don't care what other people spend - but I'm a bit unsure what this has to do with BA?
well it is a co-branded BA card...so not too remote a topic
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
well it is a co-branded BA card...so not too remote a topic
Indeed but we seemed to be in the realms of what people are alleged to spend. All I will say is that if someone calls and asks me to go and live with Him and his Centurion Black card, I’d say No in a heartbeat. 🥰🥰
jerry a. laska, mrow and u01sss3 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Indeed but we seemed to be in the realms of what people are alleged to spend. All I will say is that if someone calls and asks me to go and live with Him and his Centurion Black card, I’d say No in a heartbeat. 🥰🥰
don't worry, I won't be calling!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mike P
Sorry but that sounds like utter nonsense to me.
True, I only used to work for Amex so what would I know?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:37 pm

im sorry, I doubt the average spend on Amex BA cards is above £60k per year
Yes sorry, I was talking all card types including Platinum and Centurion, not specifically the BA card
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Yes sorry, I was talking all card types including Platinum and Centurion, not specifically the BA card
Fair enough
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
True, I only used to work for Amex so what would I know?
Your post, in the context of a thread about BA AMEX, stated that a spend of £60K per annum or £5K per month would put such a cardholder into the lower half of spend on such cards. Irrespective of whether you used to work for AMEX or not, I'm extremely unconvinced and I would also be pretty unconvinced that using a median average, this would apply to spend on all types of AMEX.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mike P
Your post, in the context of a thread about BA AMEX, stated that a spend of £60K per annum or £5K per month would put such a cardholder into the lower half of spend on such cards. Irrespective of whether you used to work for AMEX or not, I'm extremely unconvinced and I would also be pretty unconvinced that using a median average, this would apply to spend on all types of AMEX.
As I pointed out (and apologized for above) I was referring to all UK cards and not just the BA cards. I really couldn't care less whether you're convinced or not, it was just a piece of anecdotal information which shocked me the first time I was made aware of it that I thought would be fun to share. And yet, despite how much some people like to peacock their credit limits in public (extremely vulgar behaviour if you ask me), there will be plenty of others (and then some) who will out cock them all every single time and who don't say a word and just quietly go about their business.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Sep 27, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:03 pm

don't worry, I won't be calling!
Oh Shame! I might have made an exception in your case!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:35 pm

I thought I was doing OK in life but after reading this thread...maybe not so much .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.