Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 777 F Seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
shame about the blinds

Shame about the lack of electric window blinds - they look good , giving a hint of sophistication to the cabin, and they work really well.
VSLover, Genius1, gw76 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: Some
HfP has a useful reader review today of the new seat with photos for anyone interested - https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/1...iew-777-300er/

Feels a little bit like BA should be marketing the whole of First as 'Club World Plus' for now whilst the soft product is basically at/below what you would normally expect in Club Europe. To me this is doing even more unnecessary damage to the First brand.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’ve just heard that there’s an updated toilet in F too. Does anyone know anymore? Have BA decided to up the bathroom offering in F?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I’ve just heard that there’s an updated toilet in F too. Does anyone know anymore? Have BA decided to up the bathroom offering in F?
Yes, it features a bog now!
rockflyertalk and DelTroon like this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Anything has to be better than the Portaloos they fitted in F on the A380 as afterthoughts.
vantage03 and DelTroon like this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Anything has to be better than the Portaloos they fitted in F on the A380 as afterthoughts.
Yes, rediculous to have to walk upstairs to the J washrooms to chnage into PJ's.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by bakera
Yes, rediculous to have to walk upstairs to the J washrooms to chnage into PJ's.
Those A380 J washrooms at the front are a missed opportunity IMHO, they're a featureless and uninspiring space, but you're right, they are most definitely more spacious.
Will100 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:03 pm

I flew in F to MLE this week. I’m not that observant when it comes to bathrooms but I did notice that it had a ceramic, rectangular sink in there. Looked pretty good. Not something I’ve seen in the past on an aircraft but I don’t fly F that often so this might not be news.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
I suspect if BA intended to add the window lining panels and blinds, they’d have gone in before the suites were fitted. Sadly, it would seem the weight saving was to good to pass on. IMHO, they really added a wow factor
The blinds weren't cut and will be retrofitted when they are ready.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JFX1764
That’s good to hear.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Are they the same as those on the rest of the 777 fleet, or something more akin to the A380?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:45 am

Hmm, I realise it's not everyone's view (excuse the pun), but those electric blinds take up quite a bit of space, maybe 4" or so less width. As you can probably tell, I'm not that fussed myself.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long
Hmm, I realise it's not everyone's view (excuse the pun), but those electric blinds take up quite a bit of space, maybe 4" or so less width. As you can probably tell, I'm not that fussed myself.
Yes they are quite deep, you can see the line where the temporary in-fill meets the seat furniture, understandbale why it didnt come to the 787-9+10!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.