Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied boarding: BA demands return ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Reading TIMATIC entries is easy so long as one follows the cardinal rule of starting at the beginning and ending at the end. Because of the manner in which IATA gathers data from foreign ministries, it writes the broader rule first and then follows with the exceptions. In this case, presuming a Brazilian national & resident, it takes about 3 paragraphs to reach the statement "this does not apply to holders of D visas."

While it is sometimes pointless to argue with front line agents, it pretty much always pays to have a printed copy of the relevant TIMATIC entries in one's travel folder and to be prepared to point out where one's situation is discussed. The front line (or perhaps supervisory person) can read through the same language on their own screen and "find" it themselves.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Just an update: She arrived in Frankfurt and they only asked what her destination was. She said she was taking the coach and offered to show the ticket but the border guard said she did not need to show anything. So she is now in Belgium safelly. I'll call BA on Monday to get the cancellation of that unnecessary return ticket sorted.
Ancient Observer and nufnuf77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.