Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Online check-in not available with Club Europe 241 voucher

Old Sep 17, 20, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Hi - due to fly for the first time in months tomorrow so using a spare Amex 241 on BA650 to Mykonos.

Was expecting to see seats become available at 24 hours before but am now getting the message that online check-in is not available.. Does this mean the flight is already oversold?
There are only 20 seats in Club World.... and BA is still selling 2 tickets in business on the website. Would they really oversell by 4 on 20 seats?

Are we going to be first in line to be downgraded for using a 241 voucher?

What compensation should I expect if we are downgraded - its clearly going to be a bit of a downer for the start of the holiday so just keen to understand the liklihood!
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't think you can check in online for any Greek destinations atm. See this previous thread OLCI - Greece
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
I may be wrong but isn't this due to the destination? Because Greece needs you to have the PLF form completed and a QR code issued you can't check in online because BA need to verify you're good to go.

I am sure someone will be along soon to confirm though!

Edit: and KARFA has done just that!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dingdong380 View Post
Hi - due to fly for the first time in months tomorrow so using a spare Amex 241 on BA650 to Mykonos.

Was expecting to see seats become available at 24 hours before but am now getting the message that online check-in is not available.. Does this mean the flight is already oversold?
There are only 20 seats in Club World.... and BA is still selling 2 tickets in business on the website. Would they really oversell by 4 on 20 seats?

Are we going to be first in line to be downgraded for using a 241 voucher?

What compensation should I expect if we are downgraded - its clearly going to be a bit of a downer for the start of the holiday so just keen to understand the liklihood!
hi.

I think it has more to do being a Greek flight and the need for the staff to check that you have the documentation for the greek authorities

Regards

Tbs

Ps need to type quicker!
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Oh that makes sense - thanks so much for the prompt replies!
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Also just as a reminder in case you haven't done it already, you must apply for your QR code from the Greek site today https://travel.gov.gr/#/

You will not be able to do it on the day of travel.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Yes all done thanks. Do you thnk it is worth calling BA to see if they would allocate seats now in advance of arriving at the airport? The website says seat selection available but then takes you into online checkin which is blocked.
Old Sep 17, 20, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They won’t allocate seats unless you qualify by virtue of status or fare class. Given that CE seats are very much of a muchness I wouldn’t worry about pre-assignment.
Old Sep 17, 20, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
They won’t allocate seats unless you qualify by virtue of status or fare class. Given that CE seats are very much of a muchness I wouldn’t worry about pre-assignment.
I think OP will be eligible being within 24 hours like all other PAX at T24, whether they'll have any luck with the current phone lines etc is another matter !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: