Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving in London and then continuing on Eurostar

Arriving in London and then continuing on Eurostar

Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I have flown into LHR twice recently, once simply to take a covid test and then leave within 48 hours, and once to stay for several weeks, including a 14-day quarantine. There is no question in my mind the proposed itinerary would work. The passenger will need to complete the Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of arrival at LHR, but clearing immigration will not be a problem (unless eligible to use the e-gates, the passenger should be prepared to show confirmation of completion of the Locator Form on their phone), and then the passenger can make their way to Eurostar by taxi or public transit (or walking, or whatever) without any problem.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
As others said, I don't see the issue with flying to LHR and taking the Eurostar afterwards. You'll simply arrive as if you're staying in the UK, then make your way to the Eurostar and leave the UK. It wouldn't count as 'in transit'.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
Ok, se I booked the flight to GRU-LHR-FRA. Amsterdam is becoming a red zone so arriving from there would mean immediate isolation. Goinng to Frankfurt, she gets a free test on arrival (thank you Red Cross Germany) and then she takes a Flixbus onward to Brussels.

Now: I am trying to do the online checkin but the syste is asking passport information and although everything seems correct, it gives an error and asks to see if the details are correct. Any idea what is going on with OLCI?

While I am here: the layover is 8 hours in Heathrow. What is the lounge situation at the moment? How long can she stay there?
When is the flight ? If it happens 1st October or after, she *must* self-isolate for 5 days in Germany, then take the test at the 5th day to get out of self-isolation. No more test directly on arrival.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
When is the flight ? If it happens 1st October or after, she *must* self-isolate for 5 days in Germany, then take the test at the 5th day to get out of self-isolation. No more test directly on arrival.
The flight is today. She is now on the BA246 to Heathrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.