BKK to LHR

Old Sep 13, 20, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BKK to LHR

I notice there's a BA 787 in the air from BKK right now. Actually there's an EVA and Thai aircraft too. Just wondering, given Thailand is closed to tourists, what sort of passengers might be on the flights? Will they have picked up transiting passengers? Repatriation? Primarily cargo? The BA one seems to be fairly frequent too. Perhaps even daily.
Old Sep 13, 20, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Returning Thais...Thais and expats on their way to the UK and those with family in Thailand entering quarantine in Thailand.

Small loads I'd guess and yes...cargo.
Old Sep 13, 20, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cargo. Lots of cargo.
Old Sep 13, 20, 5:19 am

Cargo only according to the BA source at least on the outbound.

Repatriation flights from London for Thais are exclusively on TG and seats are only allocated by the Thai embassy in London (pretty pricey OW fares too).

AFAIK, the only genuine "commercial" flight to BKK at the moment is the one daily EK service. Thai nationals on repatriation flights are held in mandatory quarantine in hotels paid for by the state, hence the EK flight is only available to returning foreigners and Thais willing to pay for the exorbitant ASQ (alternative state quarantine).
smokie36 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 20, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
I've noticed that there is a lot of KLM flights to BKK too. Three pd. I was wondering if there is a lot of PPE manufactured in Thailand
Old Sep 13, 20, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Speedbird Julie View Post
I've noticed that there is a lot of KLM flights to BKK too. Three pd. I was wondering if there is a lot of PPE manufactured in Thailand
KLM is using BKK as hub for its SE Asian routes, as LH did for repatriation flights, presumably because of local risk (MNL/CGK) and/or quarantine requirements (HKG) for flight crews elsewhere

Search this Thread
Search Engine: