BKK to LHR

Old Dec 16, 20, 6:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
Just got off the phone, ba have rebooked me on QATAR (BA codeshare, but definitely Qatar)... yay result..
Well done. I was going to reply to your earlier message and suggest calling as you never know. I am glad you did
Old Dec 16, 20, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Well done. I was going to reply to your earlier message and suggest calling as you never know. I am glad you did
This community is a wealth of information, and it certainly helps with achieving favourable results, i was on the phone with all the info of alternative flights, details around why i need to be there etc, and the person on the phone couldn't be more helpful.

I'm very grateful to the likes of KARFA and CWS... thanks for all your efforts!
KARFA and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 16, 20, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Onyx Platinum
Our BA9 was cancelled today for a 01/02 flight. What surprised me is my BA10 return for early March has been binned too. Then I read here how this is now extended to summer; along with the political situation I wonder if BA to BKK will ever return?
It was already a Cinderella route with (until recently) the oldest 777s. Maybe its time was over when the BKK BA Lounge closed a couple of years ago?
Old Dec 16, 20, 11:29 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch View Post
Our BA9 was cancelled today for a 01/02 flight. What surprised me is my BA10 return for early March has been binned too. Then I read here how this is now extended to summer; along with the political situation I wonder if BA to BKK will ever return?
It was already a Cinderella route with (until recently) the oldest 777s. Maybe its time was over when the BKK BA Lounge closed a couple of years ago?
BKK is always well priced by Qatar, especially ex-EU. Good TP run.
Old Dec 17, 20, 2:42 am

well done babyg_wc for the Qatar rerouting.
Karfa seems right however - commercial booking and redemptions treated differently. My avios booking options (via QR or SIN or HKK) all declined.
only options was refund/FTV.
It seemed significantly dependent on QR redemption seat availability. The operator suggested I complained via the BA.com homepage.
Is that a strategy? should i just wait a few months? There must be 1000s of people on redemption bookings on all these daily routes that are pulled.
feeling disappointed.
Old Dec 18, 20, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by jm419 View Post
Karfa seems right however - commercial booking and redemptions treated differently. My avios booking options (via QR or SIN or HKK) all declined.
It seemed significantly dependent on QR redemption seat availability. The operator suggested I complained via the BA.com homepage.
Is that a strategy? should i just wait a few months? There must be 1000s of people on redemption bookings on all these daily routes that are pulled.
feeling disappointed.
They are obliged to reroute you.... even thou they say they arent/wont. That said I am not sure why i had no troubles, and why others are having troubles.
I did ring as soon as the flight cancellation happened (so perhaps ahead of the hordes)...
Old Dec 18, 20, 9:12 am

feeling disappointed.
They are obliged to reroute you.... even thou they say they arent/wont. That said I am not sure why i had no troubles, and why others are having troubles.
I did ring as soon as the flight cancellation happened (so perhaps ahead of the hordes)...
Old Dec 18, 20, 11:24 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch View Post
i had my LHR BKK early March cancelled yesterday, rebooked for early December but just depends if Thailand opens its borders to general tourism
Old Dec 18, 20, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
feeling disappointed.
I have similar circumstances, canceled reward F flight to Sydney. Via telephone offered a refund or the only award seat available in November, which is World Traveller.
I was politely advised that if I didn't like it I should contact Customer Services via BA.com.
I did that and received a reply which basically says they (Customer Srvices) cannot rebook, they don't have the necessary tools to hand, but also said I had no grounds for a complaint because that which I had been offered was correct, and outlined in the BA terms and conditions for Avios bookings.
I've replied and asked them to confirm if they are suggesting BA terms and conditions supercede EU261.
Lets see what happens next
Old Dec 25, 20, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
The Thai Airlines flight did go ahead just fine, by the way.
Old Dec 26, 20, 6:03 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by whiskerxx View Post
I have similar circumstances, canceled reward F flight to Sydney. Via telephone offered a refund or the only award seat available in November, which is World Traveller.
I was politely advised that if I didn't like it I should contact Customer Services via BA.com.
I did that and received a reply which basically says they (Customer Srvices) cannot rebook, they don't have the necessary tools to hand, but also said I had no grounds for a complaint because that which I had been offered was correct, and outlined in the BA terms and conditions for Avios bookings.
I've replied and asked them to confirm if they are suggesting BA terms and conditions supercede EU261.
Lets see what happens next
Please update as and when... thanks

Search this Thread