Wiki Posts
Search

Adding voucher to new BA holiday

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
Adding voucher to new BA holiday

I’ve just booked a new BA holiday and want to add a voucher (from a previously cancelled holiday) to it to bring down the balance, is there an easy way to do this online or does it have to be a tiresome call , thanks in advance Darren Cobb .
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can use the Future Travel Voucher to pay off the balance on a new BA Holidays booking. You may have got an email with the FTV, an example is in this post and see my reply after it:

Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*

This would allow you to make the booking online, pay the deposit with your cash, then reply to the email with the PNR of that booking. The back office would (eventually) pay down the rest of the holiday using the FTV. Or ytou can call up and do it that way.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that, I’ve replied to the voucher email adding my new booking reference,
cheers darren Cobb.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Darren, I did this just the other day - it took 2 days to get an email back saying they were applying the Voucher amount and the same day the remaining balance (as in MMB) was reduced by the voucher value. Worked much easier and smoother than I had feared
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fyvie Flyer
Darren, I did this just the other day - it took 2 days to get an email back saying they were applying the Voucher amount and the same day the remaining balance (as in MMB) was reduced by the voucher value. Worked much easier and smoother than I had feared
thanks for the information, 2 days is good service during the current circumstances ,
cheers darren cobb
Old Sep 11, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
That's interesting to know - I thought that vouchers could only be applied to new bookings and not applied to existing ones - in fact I'm sure I saw that written in the T&Cs.

In my case I did exactly that - I booked a new holiday with 2 vouchers, and it now shows as having a reduced holiday price, and zero deposit paid, which looks odd. And also provides no audit trail of what voucher value was applied in case I ever need to cancel and get it back again... luckily I know what the original holiday cost was at least...
Old Sep 11, 2020, 8:11 am
Original Poster

My voucher must of been processed overnight so my new holiday balance has been reduced by voucher amount. That was less than 24 hours, likewise though there is no audit trail of the voucher amount, it just looks like the holiday was cheaper than it actually was.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I have a number of FTVs to use and I have an existing (not new) BA Holiday booking with an outstanding balance (travel April 2021).

Will BA apply my FTVs to an existing BA Holidays booking in this scenario to allow me to reduce the balance ? Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I have a number of FTVs to use and I have an existing (not new) BA Holiday booking with an outstanding balance (travel April 2021).

Will BA apply my FTVs to an existing BA Holidays booking in this scenario to allow me to reduce the balance ? Thanks.
Yes they’ve been very flexible in my experience. They’ve even applied vouchers to bookings post the final payment date or with no balance remaining which resulted in a cash refund.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup

At least as far as I was aware, FTVs from flight bookings have to be used on new BAH arragements, not paying an existing balance from a previously arranged trip. If there was a previous BAH booking that put you in line for an FTV then I can see how they would be flexible, but formally I think it's supposed to be a new booking.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Thanks both.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:07 am

Can a FTV from a flight only booking be used for a new BAH booking or can it only be used for flight only? Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
Can a FTV from a flight only booking be used for a new BAH booking or can it only be used for flight only? Thanks
Yes it can.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Question please;

Booked DXB for next week in November. Flights only J using Avios from WTP
Seems I’ll blink first and take an FTV as BA haven’t cancelled flights
Yesterday booked a Hawaii holiday in November - only £400 Paid

Can I take the FTV and reduce my November balance ?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by tom139
Yes it can.
Thanks - Assume you mean yes it can be used for BAH booking (rather than yes it can only be used for flight only )

That being the case, is it best to ring to make the BAH booking or book it online and then ask them to apply the voucher to reduce the balance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.