FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2024726-bad-news-bas-ncl-lounge-reportedly-close-permanently.html)

northeastflyer Aug 5, 22 9:08 am


Originally Posted by Weatherman39 (Post 34488306)
Flying down this afternoon and J passengers were directed to Plus side but “frequent flyers” in the standard lounge. I actually don’t mind it in here and must be the fifth time I’ve been in now.

Was anything actually open to use in the 'Plus' side?

Weatherman39 Aug 5, 22 9:11 am

Yes back to what it was pre covid with fridges and better food options.

DaveNCL Aug 5, 22 9:18 am


Originally Posted by StuMcGrew (Post 34488586)
I noticed on the Plus opening times it doesn’t actually open until 9am so probably bad news for the night stopper flight

The plus seating area opens at the same time as the main lounge, the bar was also open pre covid. It is regularly used for at least Platinum members on the early KLM and AF flights and I was directed there a few weeks ago for the early BA flight.

I agree that it’s a downgrade for BA but I am still amazed this thread continues to jump to the top of the forum.

northeastflyer Aug 5, 22 9:41 am


Originally Posted by Weatherman39 (Post 34488598)
Yes back to what it was pre covid with fridges and better food options.

At last!!!!!!! So the bar is open, not just the fridges? Everthing open!?

Mater Aug 7, 22 9:18 am

Visited the Aspire lounge today. Courtesy of Club Europe tickets. Entry to Plus was available by means of paying a £15/person surcharge. We didn't bother and the normal lounge was OK. No queues for the bar, plenty food and relatively clean - except for the toilets.

northeastflyer Aug 7, 22 9:25 am


Originally Posted by Mater (Post 34493526)
Visited the Aspire lounge today. Courtesy of Club Europe tickets. Entry to Plus was available by means of paying a £15/person surcharge. We didn't bother and the normal lounge was OK. No queues for the bar, plenty food and relatively clean - except for the toilets.

It was reported on here that CE passengers were getting in but status passengers were not. Surely charging must be a mistake!!!!!
​​​​​​Plus, what happens when you've got status and in CE?

Radiation Station Aug 7, 22 11:23 am


Originally Posted by Mater (Post 34493526)
Visited the Aspire lounge today. Courtesy of Club Europe tickets. Entry to Plus was available by means of paying a £15/person surcharge. We didn't bother and the normal lounge was OK. No queues for the bar, plenty food and relatively clean - except for the toilets.

We now seem to have competing accounts of whether Club Europe passengers are given free access to the Plus side. I suspect they are just making it up. I wonder what BA pays for.

Mater Aug 7, 22 12:05 pm

The person in the lounge was back and forth asking someone else. I tried my best but she wouldn't budge.

northeastflyer Aug 7, 22 12:29 pm


Originally Posted by Radiation Station (Post 34493843)
We now seem to have competing accounts of whether Club Europe passengers are given free access to the Plus side. I suspect they are just making it up. I wonder what BA pays for.

I've emailed Aspire Lounges for clarity. Will post on here if or when I get a response.

Also, if the staff member was going back and forwards checking, they clearly didn't kno, so could be a case of total confusion.

G_CIVV Aug 7, 22 1:43 pm

I would rather BA pay eligible customers a tenner for a beer and a Boots meal deal than fork out for this dungeon. Plus or non-plus, it’s an awful lounge.

Mordac Aug 9, 22 2:13 am


Originally Posted by G_CIVV (Post 34494277)
I would rather BA pay eligible customers a tenner for a beer and a Boots meal deal than fork out for this dungeon. Plus or non-plus, it’s an awful lounge.

Is there a Wetherspoons at NCL?

corporate-wage-slave Aug 9, 22 3:07 am


Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 34498835)
Is there a Wetherspoons at NCL?

No there isn't a Wetherspoon, and there certainly aren't Wetherspoons. There are a number of similar style watering holes, the locals don't seem to complain. The Beer House is probably the nearest match.

Mordac Aug 9, 22 12:44 pm


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34498888)
No there isn't a Wetherspoon, and there certainly aren't Wetherspoons. There are a number of similar style watering holes, the locals don't seem to complain. The Beer House is probably the nearest match.

As a regular at Wetherspoon's myself I'm certainly not meaning to cast any aspersions! Hell even at airport prices I think I'd rather a substantial voucher for there than access to most lounges.

decowie1903 Aug 14, 22 7:07 am

As another update - we've just been told that BA don't pay for the plus side anymore & been directed to the main lounge.

Whole place is like a zoo.

G_CIVV Aug 14, 22 7:33 am


Originally Posted by decowie1903 (Post 34513581)
As another update - we've just been told that BA don't pay for the plus side anymore & been directed to the main lounge.

Whole place is like a zoo.

Better to stay upstairs in the main terminal. That may also be like a zoo, but at least it’s a bigger zoo with plenty of natural light and good views of the apron, despite lack of seating. If the non-plus side is chronically bad, I would be tempted to buy food and drinks upstairs and send BA the bill.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:27 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.