Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by decowie1903
As another update - we've just been told that BA don't pay for the plus side anymore & been directed to the main lounge.
I don’t think BA ever paid for the plus side, I think it was only used as extra capacity before the plus side officially reopened a few weeks ago.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:17 am

Having experienced this truly awful lounge a few times now, the main purpose of my visits will be a toilet break on the way to the gate. The last twice I've been in I self catered.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Having experienced this truly awful lounge a few times now, the main purpose of my visits will be a toilet break on the way to the gate. The last twice I've been in I self catered.
The lounge toilets are often in a terrible state - the facilities in other public areas are cleaner and better maintained.
SxMan and Radiation Station like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by G_CIVV
The lounge toilets are often in a terrible state - the facilities in other public areas are cleaner and better maintained.
Yes, you're quite correct. They were in a pretty bad state last time. If it's not too busy I'll self cater again. My own mini grey goose and my own 7 up Free from Boots. It's a sad departure from the old lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No there isn't a Wetherspoon, and there certainly aren't Wetherspoons.
Some JD Wetherspoon pubs are actually called 'Wetherspoons' with an 's' on the end (although there seems to be fewer than there once was):
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/a...m=wetherspoons

Any news on the new lounge that was being built on the upper level? Last I heard it was on hold, but it's really needed unless Aspire have plans to expand into the old BA area.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:44 pm

Checked in for BA1321 to LHR. Staff at check in directed us to the Aspire Lounge. Staff on the door at Aspire had to prompted at why I qualified to come in (Club - no status). No direction given to which side to go in, there are people sitting on the plus side.
My friend was on the same flight yesterday, again no status but Club and was directed into the Plus and it was only BA customers in there.
It’s not a zoo at the minute. (Im sure I can change that…)
It’s been a while since I’ve travelled but BA Club now have fast track security which we never used to.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
It’s been a while since I’ve travelled but BA Club now have fast track security which we never used to.
Club has had Fast Track ever since NCL introduced Fast Track some 30 odd years ago. There used to be a sign in old area, but the staff always knew about it. What has changed is that BA is putting it on the boarding pass.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:48 am

Well I’m one of these that never knew about it until it’s been on the boarding pass….
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:48 am

By about 5.15 the lounge got busy, lack of glasses for water and the food had been demolished.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
NCL had a visit from a couple of corporate BA staffers who travelled back down on the BA1329 with me yesterday. It seems like they were here Monday and Tuesday as they were comparing the two days.

They visited the lounge observing going ons. The lounge was particular busy, at the same time as a Jet2 bank and PP holders were turned away.

Interestingly they were taking photos of Gate 3 ahead of boarding e.g. the BA logos on the walls and discussing signage/branding. I noted one didn’t seem completely happy with the boarding process/queuing in the corridor and took exception to the M&M? vending machine in the seating area.

Hopefully some positive enhancements are on the horizon.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Exec Club
Thrilled they are focusing on the important thing like being upset at M&M vending machines as opposed to....the schedule.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:33 am

I was on the inbound BA1328 yesterday, also outbound on the BA1321 last week. Is the jet bridge broken at gate 3? Both times it was stairs to the aircraft. Also from the glass windows on the domestic exit corridor the Plus side of the Aspire looked rather busy.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC
I believe the jet bridge at gate 3 has been broken/ out if order for the past month or so (ar least that was what the CC were saying 2 weekends ago).

Opposite gate 3 itself. The rows of seating allow the boarding group segregation to work really well. It would be a shame if they got rid of that.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:05 am

There’s no sign of the priority group system from the back of the queue which is usually up to the initial door into that block of gates though.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I suspect the corridor queueing for status and J pax was never an issue with the old lounge, as the first thing you came across when leaving the lounge was the priority queue.

Now unless you're in the know you don't know you can walk to the front (and even if you do, it seems a bit rude to do so).
MarcD, KARFA, squawk and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.