Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Weatherman39
Flying down this afternoon and J passengers were directed to Plus side but “frequent flyers” in the standard lounge. I actually don’t mind it in here and must be the fifth time I’ve been in now.
Was anything actually open to use in the 'Plus' side?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:11 am

Yes back to what it was pre covid with fridges and better food options.
KARFA, Mater and Radiation Station like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
I noticed on the Plus opening times it doesn’t actually open until 9am so probably bad news for the night stopper flight
The plus seating area opens at the same time as the main lounge, the bar was also open pre covid. It is regularly used for at least Platinum members on the early KLM and AF flights and I was directed there a few weeks ago for the early BA flight.

I agree that it’s a downgrade for BA but I am still amazed this thread continues to jump to the top of the forum.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Weatherman39
Yes back to what it was pre covid with fridges and better food options.
At last!!!!!!! So the bar is open, not just the fridges? Everthing open!?
Weatherman39 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:18 am

Visited the Aspire lounge today. Courtesy of Club Europe tickets. Entry to Plus was available by means of paying a £15/person surcharge. We didn't bother and the normal lounge was OK. No queues for the bar, plenty food and relatively clean - except for the toilets.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Mater
Visited the Aspire lounge today. Courtesy of Club Europe tickets. Entry to Plus was available by means of paying a £15/person surcharge. We didn't bother and the normal lounge was OK. No queues for the bar, plenty food and relatively clean - except for the toilets.
It was reported on here that CE passengers were getting in but status passengers were not. Surely charging must be a mistake!!!!!
​​​​​​Plus, what happens when you've got status and in CE?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Mater
We now seem to have competing accounts of whether Club Europe passengers are given free access to the Plus side. I suspect they are just making it up. I wonder what BA pays for.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:05 pm

The person in the lounge was back and forth asking someone else. I tried my best but she wouldn't budge.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
We now seem to have competing accounts of whether Club Europe passengers are given free access to the Plus side. I suspect they are just making it up. I wonder what BA pays for.
I've emailed Aspire Lounges for clarity. Will post on here if or when I get a response.

Also, if the staff member was going back and forwards checking, they clearly didn't kno, so could be a case of total confusion.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:43 pm

I would rather BA pay eligible customers a tenner for a beer and a Boots meal deal than fork out for this dungeon. Plus or non-plus, it’s an awful lounge.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by G_CIVV
I would rather BA pay eligible customers a tenner for a beer and a Boots meal deal than fork out for this dungeon. Plus or non-plus, it’s an awful lounge.
Is there a Wetherspoons at NCL?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mordac
Is there a Wetherspoons at NCL?
No there isn't a Wetherspoon, and there certainly aren't Wetherspoons. There are a number of similar style watering holes, the locals don't seem to complain. The Beer House is probably the nearest match.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No there isn't a Wetherspoon, and there certainly aren't Wetherspoons. There are a number of similar style watering holes, the locals don't seem to complain. The Beer House is probably the nearest match.
As a regular at Wetherspoon's myself I'm certainly not meaning to cast any aspersions! Hell even at airport prices I think I'd rather a substantial voucher for there than access to most lounges.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
As another update - we've just been told that BA don't pay for the plus side anymore & been directed to the main lounge.

Whole place is like a zoo.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by decowie1903
As another update - we've just been told that BA don't pay for the plus side anymore & been directed to the main lounge.

Whole place is like a zoo.
Better to stay upstairs in the main terminal. That may also be like a zoo, but at least it’s a bigger zoo with plenty of natural light and good views of the apron, despite lack of seating. If the non-plus side is chronically bad, I would be tempted to buy food and drinks upstairs and send BA the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.