Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently

Old Dec 24, 20, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Slightly off-topic, but the BDA lounge, which used to be BA-operated and one of the last bastions of the 1990s-era Executive Club concept (along with the IAH Club lounge), is now operated by a third party.
Old Dec 27, 20, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
NCL Lounge Situation

Hi Everyone,

Flying Club NCL-LHR tomorrow and noticed the BA lounge is permanently closed and the Aspire lounge is also closed. Does anyone know if, as has happened in the past, they will be issuing some vouchers to grab food in the terminal? Also, the flight is at 17.05. Will this change the type of meal offered onboard? I recently flew at lunch time and received a sandwich in a bag.

Thanks
James
Old Dec 27, 20, 9:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
No and no. Sorry.
Old Dec 27, 20, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
I suspect BA will offer access to the Aspire lounge in time, but not until passenger numbers pick up. No vouchers are offered as a substitute for no lounge.

Onboard catering will be the standard Band 1 temporary COVID-19 'rest of the day' offering (until 19 January, after which things are planned to revert to near normal), consisting of a paper bag with a choice of non-vegetarian or vegetarian sandwich, dessert pot and mineral water bottle. A full bar service is available on request.

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 27, 20 at 9:48 am
Old Dec 27, 20, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was there yesterday; BA lounge is closed and has been completely emptied. Aspire lounge very much closed. Bar 11 on the main concourse is open and serving. You'll need to buy a 'substantial meal' (clearly marked on the menu) to get alcohol.
Old Feb 7, 21, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly the NCL Terraces lounge has now been removed from the oneworld lounge listing. The Galleries lounges at both BRU and YVR have also been removed - almost certainly two more BA-operated lounge casualties of COVID.

If all three of the above closures are confirmed, that would be five BA-operated lounges permanently closed since the pandemic started in March 2020 - the BDA Executive Club lounge has moved over to a third party operator albeit in the same space (similar to what happened in JER, PHX and STR in recent years), and of course the TXL Terraces lounge was closed when the airport closed.

Last edited by Genius1; Feb 7, 21 at 11:02 am
Old Feb 7, 21, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Sadly the NCL Terraces lounge has now been removed from the oneworld lounge listing. The Galleries lounges at both BRU and YVR have also been removed - almost certainly two more BA-operated lounge casualties of COVID.

If all three of the above closures are confirmed, that would be five BA-operated lounges permanently closed since the pandemic started in March 2020 - the BDA Executive Club lounge has moved over to a third party operator albeit in the same space (similar to what happened in JER, PHX and STR in recent years), and of course the TXL Terraces lounge was closed when the airport closed.
I just hope they found a home for the squirrel. This is very sad for numerous reasons in the thread.
Old Feb 7, 21, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, BA GOLD
Unhappy

What a sad state of affairs - the NCL Lounge and more importantly their staff will bemissed by many inclduing me.
MarcD, squawk, Tocsin and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 21, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brighterside View Post
What a sad state of affairs - the NCL Lounge and more importantly their staff will bemissed by many inclduing me.

I really just hope that its down to not having a date when it will reopen rather than being closed full stop.
Old Feb 7, 21, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paul Banks View Post
I really just hope that its down to not having a date when it will reopen rather than being closed full stop.
Sadly the lounge has been stripped out.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 8, 21, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold, VA Platinum.
Sadly the lounge has been stripped out.
Sign of the times, unfortunately.
Old Mar 26, 21, 6:55 am

Some sad images taken today and which sum up where we are now compared to a little over 12 months ago.
Old May 28, 21, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Alternative NCL lounge

Morning all

my parents are currently sat in NCL. Is there an alternative lounge they can use? Theyre booked in to business.
Old May 28, 21, 3:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No alternative provided by BA. I understand the Aspire is shut still too so no paid access available either.
Old May 28, 21, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
No alternative provided by BA. I understand the Aspire is shut still too so no paid access available either.
Such a PITA! Ive just spoken with my dad and he says all the cafes are closed but the shops are open, although also said its like a ghost town. His taxi driver said it was his first airport ride in over a year!

Search this Thread