BA voucher scheme Covid.

Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:01 am
Original Poster

BA voucher scheme Covid.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.
We booked BA flights Heathrow-Larnaca for sept 19th return 26th. We aren’t going and are aware we can take vouchers - which is better than nothing, but of course I’d rather a refund if the flight was cancelled. I’m thinking it probably won’t be cancelled now but wondered if anyone knows how late I can leave it before applying for the voucher?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You could cut it as close as you like. By the day before you should know.
Often1 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I assume this is just a flights only booking and not a BA holidays one (i,e. combined flights & hotel/car)?

You can request future travel vouchers as late as an hour before check in closes. I agree it's unlikely your flights will be cancelled now, but there is no harm in waiting say to the day before and then request the future travel voucher. The vouchers are being issued pretty quickly now, so one you apply expect to get the email within an hour or two.

Loads more information and advice threads on the BA board.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 8, 2020 at 5:11 am
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks both, they’ve cancelled one of the 3 flights each day and presumably consolidated so I don’t think it’ll change but I’ll leave it just in case as things are still ever changing!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
The only way i can see it being cancelled is if the UK is added to group C (Only Cypriots and residents allowed to travel to Cyprus).

Hopefully it's not as I'm due to head back to Scotland in 2 weeks!

​​​
Edit: if the cases continue to rise in the UK, it will probably be added to group C.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dog250
The only way i can see it being cancelled is if the UK is added to group C (Only Cypriots and residents allowed to travel to Cyprus).

Hopefully it's not as I'm due to head back to Scotland in 2 weeks!

​​​
Edit: if the cases continue to rise in the UK, it will probably be added to group C.
I agree, and this is what sparked me to explore today as of course the UK rates are escalating. Personally of course I hope it is, as I’d rather cash than vouchers, but I hope for your sake everything goes ok! Funnily enough we’re going to Scotland rather than Cyprus as we just can’t risk it with getting adequate insurance/health Provision etc out of UK. Just hoping that too doesn’t get cancelled!!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Manda79
I agree, and this is what sparked me to explore today as of course the UK rates are escalating. Personally of course I hope it is, as I’d rather cash than vouchers, but I hope for your sake everything goes ok! Funnily enough we’re going to Scotland rather than Cyprus as we just can’t risk it with getting adequate insurance/health Provision etc out of UK. Just hoping that too doesn’t get cancelled!!
Completely agree, cash is always better than vouchers.
Thank you! Hope you have a great in Scotland, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Manda79 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Could anyone please tell me if you would now automatically receive an e-voucher or still an FTV requiring you to call up?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by u01sss3
Could anyone please tell me if you would now automatically receive an e-voucher or still an FTV requiring you to call up?
It's an e-voucher now - called up yesterday to cancel a flight (athough can be done online as well). Voucher received within 30 mins and was able to use while making a new booking online. All very simple now.
u01sss3 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JMac82
It's an e-voucher now - called up yesterday to cancel a flight (athough can be done online as well). Voucher received within 30 mins and was able to use while making a new booking online. All very simple now.
That's great thanks. I ask because I spent over 90 minutes on the phone yesterday to use an FTV towards making a new BA Holidays booking.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I spent over 90 minutes on the phone yesterday to use an FTV towards making a new BA Holidays booking.
That's my experience, too: booking even a simple flight using an FTV seems to be an incredibly complicated and long-winded process. And then you have the stress of wondering whether they'll be ticketed in time...
u01sss3 and anniegray like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.