Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INV to JFK, a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
INV to JFK, a good deal?

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2020/09/bo...l-august-2021/

The price looks good but what are the logistics about taking advantage of this deal if starting and ending at LHR? Do you have to fly the last LHR-INV leg? Can you check bags on on the long haul flight from LHR before going to INV? How good are the connection times? Etc.

TIA
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can check bags on the long haul before doing the same day LHR-INV-LHR.

Back to back in INV should be ok, see the b2b main thread for details.

Try pricing it ending in LHR.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by johnaalex
How good are the connection times?
Do a dummy booking for the dates in which you are interested. Have a look at the flight times and see whether the sectors work for you. Remember, if you're booking separate tickets to get to and from INV you are not 'connecting' to the flight to London and across the Atlantic.
Often1 and johnaalex like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
but to your title question...yes. this is a bonkers deal!
Markie and johnaalex like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Be extra wary of using an online travel agency at the moment. It's when things don't go to plan that you wish you had never booked with them, and planning has been reduced to crystal ball gazing for almost every trip.
MaxFlyer, IMH, MatJarosz and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Yeah in normal times for a 'decent' saving using an OTA would be ok, but I'd be a bit wary in the current climate especially if you're not planning a straightforward point to point. But UK to JFK for £770 does seem pretty great!
johnaalex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I wouldn't go with a OTA in normal times tbh, never mind now.
Lefly, our_kid, haroon145 and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
the ~£840 direct booking price seems more than ok too... (no F uua availability showing though )
johnaalex likes this.

Last edited by drwook; Sep 8, 2020 at 4:38 am
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:27 am

Just on this if you book on the BA website, not the app. You can get INV-LHR-JFK-SFO with the the A321 JFK-SFO for £1157 which would be 640tp and a good whack of avios.

Dates I looked at were 20-27 July, normal caveats about the current world situation apply.

Lefly, johnaalex, drwook and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Absolutely book direct with BA and pay the few extra quid.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Are all flights from LHR-JFK Club Suites?

I’m based in London. If I start and end my trip in INV it’ll cost me £850, and £930 if I start my trip in INV and end my trip in LHR. Guess it makes sense for the latter...
johnaalex likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by makrxx
Are all flights from LHR-JFK Club Suites?

I’m based in London. If I start and end my trip in INV it’ll cost me £850, and £930 if I start my trip in INV and end my trip in LHR. Guess it makes sense for the latter...
I believe the intention is for all JFK flights to be CS next year, when this INV fare comes in.

You're right that at those fares it's sensible to end at LHR. The direct LHR/JFK fare is about £1200 (which is as cheap as it gets) so look hard at whether INV is worth it at all. There are 2 flights daily from INV. 7 a.m. lets you connect on to JFK, but would need the additional expense and hassle of a night stop. The later flight, at different times on different days of the week, would let you do a BtoB, but would need a night stop in London. The latter is the way I prefer to arrange my ex-EU/INV JFK flights, but I live 30 minutes from LHR and have the time to do it. BtoB at INV is not completely foolproof as you need to go landside and reclear security, but I've done it with plenty of time to spare. See main BtoB thread.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
There are some amazing NYC deals with BA at the moment. It’s one of those odd ones too where you save another £300 in CW by changing to Manchester too. It’s like getting a free domestic and then another price cut! About £850 return was the flight only price in February. We added a BA holiday so 5 night hotel in Time Square and paid £1200 each CW with 5* hotel and inc free upgrade and no resort fee. The hotel direct was about £1000 for the same room, so we reckon we paid £550pp return from LHR in CW and £200pp for our domestic CE feeder, which is about normal. It’s a no brainier and only £350 deposit till end of January.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by tjcxx
I believe the intention is for all JFK flights to be CS next year, when this INV fare comes in.

You're right that at those fares it's sensible to end at LHR. The direct LHR/JFK fare is about £1200 (which is as cheap as it gets) so look hard at whether INV is worth it at all. There are 2 flights daily from INV. 7 a.m. lets you connect on to JFK, but would need the additional expense and hassle of a night stop. The later flight, at different times on different days of the week, would let you do a BtoB, but would need a night stop in London. The latter is the way I prefer to arrange my ex-EU/INV JFK flights, but I live 30 minutes from LHR and have the time to do it. BtoB at INV is not completely foolproof as you need to go landside and reclear security, but I've done it with plenty of time to spare. See main BtoB thread.
Thanks. Was holding it off and now prices went up by £100 on the outbound argh... for next Easter.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
There are some amazing NYC deals with BA at the moment. It’s one of those odd ones too where you save another £300 in CW by changing to Manchester too. It’s like getting a free domestic and then another price cut! About £850 return was the flight only price in February. We added a BA holiday so 5 night hotel in Time Square and paid £1200 each CW with 5* hotel and inc free upgrade and no resort fee. The hotel direct was about £1000 for the same room, so we reckon we paid £550pp return from LHR in CW and £200pp for our domestic CE feeder, which is about normal. It’s a no brainier and only £350 deposit till end of January.
Do you know if it’s possible to book a flight + hotel package, and closer to date cancel the hotel only and keep the flight, in exchange for a voucher?

Also I have a voucher and it’s only valid for flights. So if I’m doing a flight + hotel booking, should I book the flights separately then add on the hotels later? Will the add-on hotels be of the same price usually?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.