Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Life

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BAeuro
The print edition of High Life will still be available in small quantities in the airline’s lounges and will be sent directly to some of the airline’s frequent flyers.
What tier of BAEC must one attain to receive a printed copy at home??
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:41 pm

I did hate that many of the ads in HighLife were about men being too fat or too bald or too short.

If the magazine goes, I will miss John Simpson’s articles.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose they can change some of the ballast out in the LHR Concorde with the unused April edition...............
Old Sep 4, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I hope they bring it back as it was an enjoyable read. I always read the in flight magazines, especially the route maps and fleet info (neither of which were actually that well done in High Life imo) so I hope it comes back. In addition to BA I've also flown LH, OS and AY since lockdown, and none of them had in flight magazines.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
I suppose they can change some of the ballast out in the LHR Concorde with the unused April edition...............
Concorde’s ballast has been changed with something more appropriate a whole back.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I only read this magazine on LHR - LAX flights somewhere over the Arizona desert when I had nothing else to do anymore.

And even then I only looked at the map and the BA fleet pages
Old Sep 5, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
They had started have a GQ/trendy section at the start , but agree it was always last in line after everything else. SH obvs its the only thing on offer!

Maybe they should be available new at the gate for those who want them..

There cant be much material to put in them at present

Maybe a feature on the brown paper bags.....
Old Sep 5, 2020, 2:17 pm

I did like the travel/destination reviews. I would always read it. There used to be an online First version did there not?
Its never coming back before any more suggestions of that...
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:19 am

Is it only me, or is the October 2020 online version totally devoid of all competitions/raffles/etc?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bit late to this but it seems John Simpson’s column isn’t a feature of the brave new online Highlife.

Such a shame. It was usually the only bit of the magazine I actually read properly.
Tocsin, Misco60 and Trent900 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Paren
That could be a potential loss of revenue to advertisers, and in the long run, to BA (if the advertisers pull out).
They have all the little billboards on the back of the seats right in front of your eyes to make up for the loss of advertising space elsewhere, that combined with the fuel saving and you’re probably onto a tidy profit.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
A printed copy of High Life dropped in my letterbox this morning. I assume they were printed a few months into the future and are finding a new way to distribute them?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
A printed copy of High Life dropped in my letterbox this morning. I assume they were printed a few months into the future and are finding a new way to distribute them?
Ditto

It sems a weird decision to me, but someone at BA has obviously put forward a successful pitch...
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:54 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Curiouser and curiouser. MrsNWI and I both received the printed magazine with a non-personalised covering letter today, seemingly direct from the printers given the return address on the envelope.

It was labelled as “Winter 20/21”. Is this the same edition as others got in October?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Is this the same edition as others got in October?
No, it's not. That edition was headlined "Destination / joy", with a lower strap of "Sweet beaches, alpine adventures, luxurious hideaways.... planning your dream trip starts here". It was dated Autumn 2020, plus the wording of the letter was different.

James91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.