Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When was the last time you flew on a BA plane?

Old Sep 3, 20, 9:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

It seems like an eternity for me. In fact it was at the end of January and also with no forward bookings at the moment!!

As a leisure flyer I really miss flying/the lounges etc as others certainly do as well. I'm even considering an RFS flight to Heathrow to fulfil the urge to look down from the air from 30,000 feet.

In the meantime I will enjoy reading about other peoples flights and experiences including photos so keep them coming folks if you can on the relevant threads
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:40 am

I actually had to look up my answer as I couldn't remember! It was PRG - LHR back in early January 2020, which was the end of an ex-EU to CMB on Qatar.

All other bookings in 2020 ended up being cancelled (BEY, BLL, TXL, DFW, RAK, PFO, TIA) and now not expecting to fly BA again in 2020, which I am glad about due to the reduced service on board. Still booked to go to DEL in Dec as a spring board into CMB but doubt that trip will go ahead.
Howard Long, PETER01 and Gombak 44 like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:47 am

Today! Pretty much as soon as things began to reopen in June I was back at it. Before COVID 19 I didnít realize how much travel meant to me. I almost felt emotional getting back on board for the first time and it was only around 3 months out of the skies.
PETER01, ENTP, fiddlerkrt and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by James91 View Post
Today! Pretty much as soon as things began to reopen in June I was back at it. Before COVID 19 I didnít realize how much travel meant to me. I almost felt emotional getting back on board for the first time and it was only around 3 months out of the skies.
Today! Fab and good for you.
James91 and fiddlerkrt like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:54 am

March 9th CPT-LHR

Hoping SA border restrictions ease to allow my October flight to CPT to proceed
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
16th August. Had loads of cancellations this year and currently don't have any forward bookings which is hugely unusual. Unfortunately BA seems to think I should also be earning TPs at the moment but I have totally written off this TP year and am not going to fly for the sake of it.
PETER01, Stormbel and K&C like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My last flight was March 21st/22nd on an overnight flight from ANU to LGW mere days before the lockdown here in the UK. Everything was still normal then (full service, normal boarding, no masks, etc). My first flight since then will be this Saturday down to ANU. Will also be my first as a Silver.
PETER01 and T8191 like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
My one-year drought will end tomorrow .
PETER01 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
March 6th. Back from Copenhagen. To be honest, I can't see myself setting foot on a plane (BA or otherwise) until 2021 now, for business or pleasure. I do miss the 'temporary detachment from the trials and tribulations of real life' that captures the positive experience of flying for me, but not as much as I thought I would.
PETER01 and stevebintley like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR to LAX on December 30th, on a 747 in 64K. I'd have savored it more if I knew then what I know now....
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
End of January we had a week in Dubai. On the way out we got an op-up-to CW on the Upper Deck so good memories of our likely last ever 747 flight.

What I've missed most about long-haul flying is reading. I don't/can't read at home and only get into a good book while in the air. After 8 months (and probably 6 more) I will have to restart my epic Paul Auster tome from the beginning!

PETER01 and stevebintley like this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

15th august on vce-lhr-ed

Regards

Tbs
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:28 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
January LHR-MAD-LHR B77W.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
End of February. And that was my very last flight taken for 2020...
Now I still have a couple of bookings for November, but I'm not convinced I will be able to use them.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Overnight 12/13 February LAX to LHR. Should have been in 1A on a 747 but my connecting flight was delayed, so transferred to the later A380 BA268.

Sad to see the 747 go but hope the A380 returns, it is my favourite BA long haul aircraft.
PETER01 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: