Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why fly BA at the moment in Club, when Swiss offer all of this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why fly BA at the moment in Club, when Swiss offer all of this?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ginger50
But but.... surely... 3 x 40' trucks are going to be cheaper than 1 x Boeing 777 ZRH - LHR?
I will cheerfully admit I know nothing of international logistics, but is it possible the cargo is time sensitive? I'll assume the aforementioned 777 will out do the trucks in that respect.

That's purely speculation on my part, but I believe some cargo, e.g. fresh seafood, is worth the premium of air cargo.

PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:21 am
Suspended

trainwreck.gif
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Executive Club
I flew Iberia last Monday LHR - MAD in J and they gave me a hot breakfast on board (the omelette was hot). Seems strange that one of IAG's companies can do this but BA can't. The food on my long-haul Iberia J sector was a box of cold food but in fairness it was good quality and there was a huge amount of food.

PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JessicaB
I flew Iberia last Monday LHR - MAD in J and they gave me a hot breakfast on board (the omelette was hot). Seems strange that one of IAG's companies can do this but BA can't. The food on my long-haul Iberia J sector was a box of cold food but in fairness it was good quality and there was a huge amount of food.
Glad to see IB finally upping their game. To be honest, they were the worst of the worst till recently serving nothing but drinks in C for a long time (and only soft drinks even till July)
James91, ermis177 and JessicaB like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Is there any word when this insanity will end?

I flew JER-LHR the other week and had the most horrific, dry, stale, stingy sandwich I've ever had in my life. I ended up taking one piece of bread off both sides, and putting the contents together ('cheese and pickle') and still just dumped it. Flew back to JER in economy the other day because of the F lounge, but this time on the way back Im flying easyjet for £21, which will probably be my new strategy going forwards.
mrow likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by aceman

I flew JER-LHR the other week and had the most horrific, dry, stale, stingy sandwich I've ever had in my life. I ended up taking one piece of bread off both sides, and putting the contents together ('cheese and pickle') and still just dumped it. Flew back to JER in economy the other day because of the F lounge, but this time on the way back Im flying easyjet for £21, which will probably be my new strategy going forwards.
Its looking increasingly likely it will be March 2021 I think before anything changes.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:43 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
I have always been impressed with Swiss catering and hospitality. I haven't flow with them for a while (ever since I moved to one world ~ 7 years) but I found them to have the best catering and service for economy class passengers.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by zaf
I have always been impressed with Swiss catering and hospitality. I haven't flow with them for a while (ever since I moved to one world ~ 7 years) but I found them to have the best catering and service for economy class passengers.
The chocolate they give you is always nice, even in economy.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aceman

Perhaps now that Wee Willie and Señor Alex are out, things might improve. We can hope.

I stopped flying BA unless I have no other choice, easyJet and a Priority Pass suit my requirements these days. Having said that, hardly any flying this year for me.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by champair79
....could be. I was rather thinking of other stuff Switzerland is (in)famous for....

Not cows or chocolate either!
Small red multi-tools?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Saw this recent Emirates review on YouTube:
From about 07.00 shows the food in First and Business. Seems they can serve safe food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.