Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where were you on 25th August 2019 [BA’s 100th Anniversary] ??

Where were you on 25th August 2019 [BA’s 100th Anniversary] ??

Old Aug 25, 20, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I was on the beach in Guernsey as I have been in August for most of my life
This year Guernsey has let down the faithful few tourists!
I am off to JER this weekend though; first post covid flight!
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 20, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Like a few posters above, I was on a day trip to Madrid. An early flight out aboard the A350 on a lovely morning - including a celebratory BA100 chocolate. A day of tapas and beer in the city centre. Headed back to the airport and the IB lounge where I met some fellow flyer talkers for the first time. Then summoned by a cabin announcement to the WT+ cabin for a group photo on the flight home.

Oh, and followed the cricket avidly during the afternoon!
Old Aug 25, 20, 4:06 pm

Waking up to jetlag and a Wholefoods takeaway breakfast, soaking up some UV in Bryant Park, after flying BA1439-BA173 the day before. A memorable transatlantic business trip - unlikely to ever be repeated I fear....
Old Aug 25, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
On the way back to Vancouver on the Rocky Mountaineer (having snagged a good CW deal starting in DUB, and using Mrs T's GUF2 to First...). Those were the days - now scrabbling to use a rapidly-expiring 2-4-1 and GUF2 of my own

Last edited by Tocsin; Aug 25, 20 at 4:17 pm Reason: failure to embed photo!
Old Aug 25, 20, 7:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Playing golf at the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, FL that weekend.
Old Aug 25, 20, 8:04 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
We were in Tokyo for the first time, staying at the Andaz after flying over in JL F. Tempura lunch at Mikawa Zezankyo. Ended the night listening to jazz at the hotel while eating a fantastic katsu sandwich. Someday we’ll be able to repeat things like that...

pythonisman likes this.
Old Aug 25, 20, 8:13 pm

I was in my university library finishing the editing on my Masters thesis! Two weeks later I was soaking up the sun in Seville as a post thesis treat.
Old Aug 26, 20, 1:01 am

Programs: DL,EK
I was flying some practice approaches under a hood in my single engine Piper.
Old Aug 26, 20, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
I spent most of the afternoon in the LH lounge in Athens watching Stokes giving the Aussies a good hiding, before boarding a flight on LX back to LHR, via ZRH. Very pleasurable end to a week in the sunshine.
Old Aug 26, 20, 4:21 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
I was trying to survive the heat in Limassol. Snapchat this morning gave me a reminder I did not go to bed until the next morning.
Old Aug 26, 20, 6:17 am

In Phonsavan, Laos on a weekend trip from Luang Prabang (was volunteering as an English teacher) checking out the Plain of Jars. Hidden gem in Asia.

Old Aug 26, 20, 6:48 am

I was enjoying a day at the seaside at Longsands, Tynemouth. It’s always this sunny, honest!

The BA connection is that you typically see flights landing at NCL doing a wide turn over the sea above this stretch of the coast before straightening up for final approach just north of St Mary’s lighthouse.

Old Aug 26, 20, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
My wife and I were driving from Jamestown to bishop CA through Yosemite which was free to enter that day.

Were there via a 2-4-1 and snagged 64j/k on the way out, suppose I did it once...

Made a little video about the trip.

WickedStepMother and squawk like this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Started the day in Canggu, Bali and ended it in Singapore for an evening out which may have involved the eponymous cocktail (or two).
Old Aug 26, 20, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
It has been fascinating to see what everyone was up to on BA’s Birthday last year. A big LIKE to every post!

I had to google ‘LST’ to work out what ab007 had passed and I am assuming the dream career has nothing to do with being a “Living Sex Toy”....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: