Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where were you on 25th August 2019 [BA’s 100th Anniversary] ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where were you on 25th August 2019 [BA’s 100th Anniversary] ??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I was moving house and country for the first time in my life. I was travelling in the opposite direction to the OP, going from LCY to AMS. We boarded the E170, but was subsequently kicked off when something in the engine didn’t work properly. About 90mins later, we were on the move
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Arrived into LHR morning of 25th Aug from ORD on a 744 BA 294 - never thought one year on that I won’t be on BA 744 ever again! Very sad.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
MAD A350 b2b. Spent part of the return flight in WTP chatting to crew and looking for the remaining High Life covers.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Salivating over my upcoming Q suites trip to DOH/BKK the following week. What a flight that was.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:31 am

The wife and I were laying on the beach at Veligandu Island Resort and Spa in the Maldives, getting drunk, after arriving the previous Saturday after a crazy 96 hours.

Flew ATL-IAH in DL F, on the 20th, planning to depart the next day on QR qsuites IAH-DOH-MLE. IAH-DOH went mechanical on the 21st, was put up overnight and went IAH-LHR (BA F), LHR-DOH (QR A380 J), DOH-MLE.

We were fortunatly proactive in getting QR to put us on the BA flight as the IAH flight went mechanical the next day as well. We had been told to stay in the overnight hotel and wait for word but we hightailed it to the airport and, after some phone wrangling, got us put on the BA flight. Those other poor souls ended up staying an extra night in Houston and the wife and I enjoy the queen of the skies in F one last time.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro

A trip to Madrid on the A350. Great day out and nice way to celebrate BA100.
Originally Posted by Trent900
MAD A350 b2b. Spent part of the return flight in WTP chatting to crew and looking for the remaining High Life covers.
I also had a trip on the A350 to MAD, also grabbed a couple of the high life mags.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
On this day I was sipping cocktails admiring the sunset from the IC Bali on Jimbaran bay, just 2 hours before heading back to London on Turkish airlines. Candle lit scrumptious dinner and good nights rest on the only Bali Europe non stop service.
Attached Images      
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:46 am

I was on my last direct BA flight back from LED before they pulled the route, having been at an event our customer was hosting in the city that weekend. I spent the Friday night of that trip in a steak restuarant trying to re-schedule my September trip to Croatia, which had it's return flight cancelled due to the pilots strike during my outbound journey - I ended up managing to extend my holiday by 3 nights at the full expense of BA, which was a great result!

Having looked back through my photos, it appears I did Finnair on the outbound that Friday including the standard 9am lounge crawl in T3 and the classic Helsinki lounge meatball lunch

A350 exit row

Helsinki

Qantas T3

Last edited by Joshm300; Aug 25, 2020 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Watching the cricket of course. A year ago right now, Broad went out lbw, England were 286/9, and there was no way Leach would survive long enough for Stokes to get another 73 runs.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Joshm300
I was on my last direct BA flight back from LED before they pulled the route, having been at an event our customer was hosting in the city that weekend.
That’s risky business, sharing a photo of ‘shoes on furniture’ on the BAEC board!
Tobias-UK and Joshm300 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Vegas for our annual sales conference, which is happening virtually this year right now!
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
That’s risky business, sharing a photo of ‘shoes on furniture’ on the BAEC board!
I did think about this before posting, but concluded shoes on would be acceptable on a dedicated foot rest (as opposed to a sofa or chair or bulkhead etc.) at least it’s preferable to bare feet! 😉
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was home recovering from the previous weekend's trip to Stockholm.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by Joshm300
I did think about this before posting, but concluded shoes on would be acceptable on a dedicated foot rest (as opposed to a sofa or chair or bulkhead etc.) at least it’s preferable to bare feet! 😉
Had you posted a photograph of bare feet I can guarantee you would have been vilified from certain quarters
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I was at Hawksmoor Manchester with my GF and Parents. perfect way to spend a Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.