FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How much notice is BA giving of flight cancellations...?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2023891-how-much-notice-ba-giving-flight-cancellations.html)

Chris_G Aug 24, 20 1:20 pm

How much notice is BA giving of flight cancellations...??

Hi,

I've got a J class Avios return coming up in October LGW to UVF...

Don't want to go anymore for obvious reasons and I'd prefer a voucher rather than cancel since I upgraded from premium economy courtesy of Lloyds Bank....and I don't want to miss out on that...

What notice does BA give of cancellations...??

Chris

Chris_G Aug 24, 20 1:28 pm

Forget this...BA has just cancelled the outbound...since I last looked a couple of days ago...!!

So, do I contact BA or Avios for the voucher...??

KARFA Aug 24, 20 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 32626829)
Forget this...BA has just cancelled the outbound...since I last looked a couple of days ago...!!

I can't see why you would go for the FTV unless you have a 241 which you need to keep alive and which would expire before you can use it.

mikeyfly Aug 24, 20 1:30 pm

Great active thread for cancellation queries https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ation-etc.html

Stormbel Aug 24, 20 1:34 pm

It's the Lloyds Bank voucher I think not an FTV!

Chris_G Aug 24, 20 1:36 pm

Lloyds Bank upgrade voucher (as I understand) is lost if I simply get my money + Avios returned...

BA voucher (again, as I understand) is valid for the class of booking (i.e. J)...correct...??

Chris

mikeyfly Aug 24, 20 1:40 pm

All voucher info in the main thread. You get value of, not destination or booking class

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...e-voucher.html

zanderblue Aug 24, 20 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 32626854)
Lloyds Bank upgrade voucher (as I understand) is lost if I simply get my money + Avios returned...

BA voucher (again, as I understand) is valid for the class of booking (i.e. J)...correct...??

Chris

I am in a similar position. Around 3 weeks after cancellation, Avios team emailed offering refund for taxes and Lloyds voucher extended to end of October to use in a new booking. The other option is to rebook as long as you do so within your original ticket validity.

alextheengineer Aug 24, 20 5:01 pm

You’ll get the Lloyds voucher back in your account with three months validity (to book, not travel). There is a separate thread on that somewhere. Certainly worked for me, I had two trips cancelled and got both vouchers back.

EDIT: to clarify - agent explained to me that voucher expiry dates are always last day of the month. So if you can hold off calling until Sep 1st you should get until end of the third month (ie end of Dec) to make your booking.

Chris_G Aug 24, 20 5:24 pm

So...and at the risk of repeating an already well discussed thread...my options are...
  1. Unwind the existing reward flight booking and get my Avios and cash back...plus get the Lloyds voucher extended for 3 months to allow for making a new reward flight booking...(but up to how long in the future...??)
  2. Accept a BA voucher for the value of the original flight at the time of booking (in the class that the Lloyds voucher provided)...and wind that down with flights over time
Chris

zanderblue Aug 24, 20 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 32627390)
So...and at the risk of repeating an already well discussed thread...my options are...
  1. Unwind the existing reward flight booking and get my Avios and cash back...plus get the Lloyds voucher extended for 3 months to allow for making a new reward flight booking...(but up to how long in the future...??)
  2. Accept a BA voucher for the value of the original flight at the time of booking (in the class that the Lloyds voucher provided)...and wind that down with flights over time
Chris

point 1
You can make booking for up to 355 days ahead.

point 2
I have been told by Avios team that the BA voucher (FTV) is not an option because the Lloyds voucher was used. I seem to recall one if the BA ticket agents who post on here said they have no sight of these vouchers and as such cannot use them.

Dizzyb3 Aug 25, 20 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 32626829)

can I ask when you were due to fly please? We’re expecting the same to happen to our flight there on October 23rd but would appreciate a bit of notice...

Anonba Aug 25, 20 1:08 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue (Post 32627840)
point 1
You can make booking for up to 355 days ahead.

point 2
I have been told by Avios team that the BA voucher (FTV) is not an option because the Lloyds voucher was used. I seem to recall one if the BA ticket agents who post on here said they have no sight of these vouchers and as such cannot use them.

There is no restriction that im aware of like this on bookings using a lloyds voucher. I would apply online for an ftv

KARFA Aug 25, 20 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Dizzyb3 (Post 32627983)
can I ask when you were due to fly please? We’re expecting the same to happen to our flight there on October 23rd but would appreciate a bit of notice...

in terms of being cancelled for an October booking it could happen from anytime now up for around 2-3 weeks before.

Anonba Aug 25, 20 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Chris_G (Post 32626854)

Chris

When you come to rebook you will need Avios availability and pay any difference in tax and Avios.